Forum: Ballet / Guys in Ballet

Tight in Black of White ?
By stefansen
On Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:13 AM

I am new learner, I am wondering if i should wear black tight or white tight. I think white tight is easier for people to observe the muscle, but black tight somehow too opaque, I think it is not good for observation. How do you think ?

5 Replies to Tight in Black of White ?

re: Tight in Black of White ?
By guyclone
On Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:49 AM
Black will be standard for guys in most studios.
White tights... you run the risk of it being a bit see-through, and you don't really want leg hair and your dance belt showing.
I would start in black (unless your studio has a dress code that says otherwise). Then as you get more comfortable in the ballet world, and know more about thickness of tights and stuff, you might be able to switch to white.
Since you are starting, you are best to wear black tights, a white leotard or tight fitting shirt, and white leather ballet shoes. Then as you learn, you may want to switch to other clothing, but this will be the standard look to start with.
By luv2plie
On Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:53 PM
For regular ballet classes my dance studio requires the guys to wear a white fitted shirt, black tights, white socks, Nude color dance belt and white ballet shoes.

Usually white tights are for performances

I would highly recommend wearing black tights with a white shirt. Don't forget the dance belt:)

Kev
By Shubik
On Fri Nov 05, 2010 07:49 AM
You may also try some other colors as avocado:
store.yumiko-europe.com . . .
By danseuretoile
On Tue Nov 16, 2010 08:15 AM
you could also wear gray ballet tights (repetto, wearmoi), they allow the teacher to see your legs and are not as revealing as white, ballet teachers recommend gray tights for boys when they start and switch to black for more advenced students
By Old_Ballet_Dude
On Wed Dec 01, 2010 06:36 PM
Black tights are best. The dark color hides the leg hair much better than white or grey tights.

ReplySendWatch