Forum: Ballet / Guys in Ballet

Harmonie Dancebelt is no more
By Actionshooter
On Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:56 PM

Ok, first off I can't believe I am creating a dancebelt thread. Its obsessive dancewear questions on this board that keep me away for years at a time but this is necessary.

Harmonie used to make (in my opinion) the best dancebelt model since Danskin quit making them about 20 years ago. Now that they are owned by Capezio it seems they have dropped that product line. It was the padded one that was so great, even with the unfortunate model name of "Impact".

Capezio is selling a model now that LOOKS quite similar from photos to the Harmonie "Impact" the seams in front are pretty specific and I am really hoping they are the same as I can't bear to have to go back to the awful old Capezio ones that they still sell...I think I would just give up ballet to be honest, they were so bad.

Has anyone bought that Capezio who also had a Harmonie? On discount dance they list it as model #5936

If I had the money to waste right now I would just chance it and skip the nightmare this thread will likely become but $22 bucks this year is quite precious.

4 Replies to Harmonie Dancebelt is no more

re: Harmonie Dancebelt is no more
By Doctor_Dancebelt
On Fri Nov 05, 2010 07:08 PM
Edited by Doctor_Dancebelt (222289) on 2010-11-05 19:11:26 photo credit added
Edited by Doctor_Dancebelt (222289) on 2010-11-05 19:12:24
Harmonie was started several years ago by Capezio as a more upscale line of dancewear than their regular Capezio line. Both models of Harmonie dance belts represented giant strides forward in dance belt design and comfort. No idea why they decided to close it down. Fortunately for you, the Harmonie HM11 BP "Impact" model has been kept in the line, now rebranded as the Capezio 5936.

(The picture of the 5936 is from the Discount Dance catalog)

However, my favorite dance belt, the unpadded Harmonie HM10B was dropped entirely, while Capezio kept their horrid original dance belts. You think "impact" was a bad choice of names? What about their model 5933 - called "comfort" but in reality anything but.

Once again, male dancers got the short end of the stick, and taking away my favorite dance belt was one of the tipping points in my decision to start the "Doctor Dancebelt's Guide" website. The "call to action" page is my personal rant against Harmonie. Check it out at:
www.dancebelt.info
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Nov 06, 2010 03:37 PM
Why are y'all so focused on underwear? In my entire dance career, I probably spent like 5 minutes thinking about my damn dance belt. Get over it. It's pervy.

ps - That guy's ^ eyebrows are all kinds of WRONG.
By Doctor_Dancebelt
On Sun Nov 07, 2010 09:24 AM
I'd have to agree with Panic about the eyebrows - they look painted on.
By Doctor_Dancebelt
On Thu Nov 18, 2010 07:58 AM
UPDATE:
Onstage Dancewear claims the Capezio 5936 replaces the Harmonie HM10B (the unpadded Harmonie, not the HM11BP "Impact"). However their picture is of a black dance belt with no seam construction visible, so no way of ascertaining which Harmonie model it really is until someone buys one and reports back.

PS: even though they picture a black one, the description says black is no longer made.

www.onstagedancewear.com . . .

ReplySendWatch