Forum: Advice / Cars & Driving

I failed my driving test :(
By Shhaan_Dmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Nov 07, 2010 09:23 AM

Im so annoyed and it was for such a minor thing :(

I need some nice words from someone cause its got me so down when i have a car waiting for me to drive but I have to keep getting the bus :(

Ahwell

Just have to try again!

x

4 Replies to I failed my driving test :(

re: I failed my driving test :(
By califeisgirl
On Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:26 AM
I failed twice over stupid things and have never had so much as a warning in the 2+ plus years I've been driving.
My brother and my cousin both passed the first time and have wrecked three cars each and have racked up more tickets and fines than I can count. My brother actually currently has his license suspended because he owes so much money in fines and because he can't afford insurance.

Long story short: How you do on your driving test has no real bearing on how good of a driver you actually are. It's all pretty much based on the mood of the person giving your test.
By ChristinePremium member
On Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:50 AM
It's ok. Almost everyone I've ever know failed at least once. Just consider it a trial run. The next time you take it you'll know what to expect.

It's frustrating to see a car waiting and not be able to drive it. My daughter turned 16 almost 2 years ago and her vision is so bad she can't pass the eye test. She's going to have more surgery next week so hopefully she may be able to get her learners permit before her 18th birthday. One thing she does to ease the pain of not being able to drive her car is when she wants to go to an event at her school like a play or a bake sale or a car wash, she has me drive her in her own car. At least she can say, "that's my car...isn't it cute?" It may not seem like much, but it helps her feel like one of the gang. If you have to wait a long time to get another test, or if weeks drag into months, consider asking your mom to take you someplace in your own car.

Hang in there. I'm sure you'll pass the test soon. And in the meantime, at least for now, people can't be pestering you for rides. Unless, of course, they want to ride the bus.

Hugs to you
xoxo

Keep On Dancing*
By HollieErin
On Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:03 PM
I failed the first time over something really stupid, the instructor didn't tell me soon enough that he wanted me to turn and I missed the turn.

My dad failed for slapping the instructor...

The girl my mom took her test with (back then you did it in pairs) his a parked car.... and a pedestrian...
By CaffeinePremium member
On Sun Nov 07, 2010 04:03 PM
*hug Shaan*

I failed my test the first time, too, for something stupid and was devastated.

If you can, talk to your instructor and try and get booked in again as soon as possible. Try not to let it shake your confidence too badly - you can do it!!

ReplySendWatch