Poll: Advice / Girls & Guys PG-13

Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2
How often do you spend the night with your SO?
By LizDancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Nov 08, 2010 03:25 PM

I'm mostly just curious because I'm in my first relationship since leaving for college. In all my previous relationships I was living at home, so being able to spend the night is kind of a new thing for me. Especially for those of you who are in the beginning of a new relationship, how often do you sleep over? Why? If you had the choice, would you spend the night more or less often?

As for me, I've been staying over at his place probably 2 nights a week since we started dating.

26 Replies to How often do you spend the night with your SO?

re: How often do you spend the night with your SO?
By webstArmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Nov 08, 2010 03:35 PM
My situation is somewhat unique, since our relationship started off with long-distance, and we visited about once a month or so.

When I moved to Calgary this September, we tried to avoid mid-week sleepovers - mainly just to amp the excitement for the weekend. Over the weekend, I'm there Friday night and Saturday night for sure.

However, since we decided that we're going to move in together, we've been staying over a few more nights during the week. Once I'm there, it's just way too tempting to stay :P

I think in the beginning of a relationship, 2 nights a week is pretty reasonable. You want to keep some distance, and keep your own spaces. As I said, it's also nice to keep sleepovers as a "special" thing, and something to look forward to. It's nice to resist the temptation every now and then - I think it adds to the romance of it all :)
By rincedragonflymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Nov 08, 2010 03:42 PM
Well, I spend the night with him every night...I live with him. But like webstAr, I too had a weird long distance situation going on, so my previous experience with this is slightly skewed.
By Coccinellamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Nov 08, 2010 04:03 PM
I live with my boyfriend, but earlier in our relationship (we've always lived in the same city) we spent a couple of night a week together which steadily increased over time. Once we were spending 6/7 nights together a week we realized paying for separate places was pretty silly.
By HollieErin
On Mon Nov 08, 2010 04:23 PM
We do not live together, but we spend about 4-5 nights a week together on average. It goes up and down though, although now his work is a lot closer to my place to he is sleeping over way more often than he used to. Although this is probably going to change soon because my new job is much closer to his place.

Right now however, I'm a hunting widow, it's down to about three nights.
By Odessamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Nov 08, 2010 04:23 PM
Edited by Odessa (22571) on 2010-11-08 16:27:30
Like Rince and WebstAr, I have a weird answer. I live with Mark and therefore spend every night with him, apart from nights that one of us is away, or I am seeing someone else.

I used to spend one night a week with Second Boyfriend, but since he has moved away we have a long distance thing going on and so now I only see him every few months.

But when I cast my vote, I cast it for my primary relationship, with Mark.

Erin.
::righteous babe::
By UberGoobermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Nov 08, 2010 04:30 PM
I'd say I have a pretty typical answer. I am also in college and live in the same city as my SO (he lives four blocks away from me). He sleeps over on the weekends, usually Friday and Saturday night. I would love for it to be more, but I have practice during the week which means I am regularly waking up at 5:00 am on days where he could sleep in til at least 10 if he wanted. He always sleeps over at my house though because he lives with a mutual friend of both of ours and I think it would be weird if I slept there-I don't want him to see me there waking up in the morning or to hear anything....(just my opinion!) He staying at my house is much easier as my roommates as not home as often and all have serious boyfriends so the precedent for boyfriends sleeping over has already been set.
By BeautifulMistakemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Nov 08, 2010 09:44 PM
I've been with my boyfriend 3.5 years and it has always been long distance. In moving to a different town to go to college, I'm one hour closer to him. That said, I still only usually spend every second weekend with him. It's usually two nights then. Around Christmas and such I tend to spend a bit more with him if I can.
By Cienmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Nov 08, 2010 09:47 PM
I'm in college too (boyfriend is not), and I see him about once a week, on the weekends. Sometimes I sleep over there one night during the week, too, when I don't have early class the next morning, but usually it's one or two of the nights on the weekend. I try to save one weekend night for my girls, and one for him.
By Live_on_Broadway
On Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:01 PM
When my boyfriend and I were in the same city, it was practically every night. Either he would come to my place, or I would go to his. We fell into a routine quite quickly.

I moved, so we're in a LDR at the moment. We had to learn to sleep alone again. :(
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:17 AM
I live with my boyfriend, so I cast my vote there. But the last relationship I was in that I didn't live with the guy, when he lived at home, it was probably one or two nights a week. He went through a short spurt where he moved out, and I never slept over then. :/
re: How often do you spend the night with your SO? (karma: 2)
By Anon1234567890member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:08 PM
Totally read that title as "how often do you spend the night with your studio owner"...

:?
By lemony
On Tue Nov 09, 2010 01:16 PM
J and I met at university and at the beginning, we spent about 3-4 nights a week together, as we only lived literally down the road from one another. A couple of weeks before he was due to go back to the States, it was pretty much every night. Now, it's when one of us is visiting the other, and so it's every night, EXCEPT when we visit his rents...but that's a whole other ball game! I'd try and keep a balance as it is easy to want to spend all your time together, or you may find you find it hard to fit your SO in! Everything in moderation :)
By Iamalittlefishie
On Tue Nov 09, 2010 08:56 PM
Louise wrote:

Totally read that title as "how often do you spend the night with your studio owner"...

:?

HAHA, me too. I was a little confused.

But yeah, my boyfriend and I go to colleges two hours apart, so it averages to about every other weekend we spend together at least 2 nights.

Not too bad.
By CheesePlusCakemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Nov 09, 2010 09:01 PM
When we first started seeing each other, we lived in dorms (he still lives in a dorm and I don't anymore) and I'd stay the night at his place every few weeks when his roommate went home or to visit his girlfriend at her college. Now that I live off campus, he spends the night here once a week on the weekends. I see him during the day more than once a week, but he just sleeps over once a week. It's a combo of schedules and the fact that I don't want him over all the time, and I don't think my roommate would want him over all the time either haha.
By oz_helenmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Nov 10, 2010 05:10 AM
Well we live together now, obviously, but until we first moved in together, the norm was 1-2 nights a week. Then we went Long Distance, so it was 2-6 nights in a row with 6-10 weeks of drought in between.

Helen
By DeStijlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Nov 10, 2010 07:34 AM
My SO and I see each other about 4 days a week. We live about 20 minutes away from each other.

We go away one weekend every month, too. Just down the coast to his parents place. I love his family, and mine live interstate so I love doing that together.
By PinUpGirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Nov 10, 2010 08:43 PM
We pretty much live together. Though I spend a lot more time at his apartment than mine. The same was true for my last serious boyfriend as well, though substitute "apartment" with "dorm".
By SiyoNqobamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Nov 13, 2010 02:08 AM
We don't spend the night together. But in five weeks we'll be married and I'll spend every night with him. So excited.
By moomintrudemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Nov 13, 2010 04:16 AM
Well I went with an average of about one or two nights a week. But this can go up or down dependent on my shifts and what's going on. This week We spent two nights in Devon together and another night at my house. Next week I'll only stay over one night as I'm working basically everyday. Plus my time is split between sleep ins at work, his house and my house so it soon gets cut down.

Soon I'll be moving closer to him (5 minutes away instead of one hour) and we'll probably see each other more. I'd happily stay over every night though

MOOM
By ShearLuxuryPremium member
On Sat Nov 13, 2010 04:26 AM
We live together, so there's your answer. We've always been joined at the hip, since we started dating. We broke up in the middle, and when we decided to get back together, we were once again joined at the hip like nothing ever happened.

In my past, less goofy relationships, it was 1-3 nights a week depending on school.
By Breannemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Nov 13, 2010 09:59 PM
My BF and I live about 45 minutes away at each of our parents houses. When we started dating we used our distance as an excuse to sleep over because 'their was absolutely no way we could drive home late at night". Two years later we usually have at least one sleepover a week. We are both usually busy during the school week so weekends are reserved for sleepovers and sometimes we are lucky enough to have one during the week as well.
By Reelmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Nov 14, 2010 01:16 AM
Never. I do not believe people should live together before marriage nor do I think that spending the night is okay, except in certain circumstances. Those circumstances would have to be darn serious ones for me (or him, or either of our parents) to allow that. Neither of us party, drink, or do anything that would prevent us from getting home. The only reason I could see is if we just literally couldn't get back home, or if I had a horrible headache and didn't want to be moved (that happens at home sometimes). And, if that were to happen, it'd absolutely have to be separate rooms, and parent supervised. And we both have this standard, it's not our parents (well they enforce it but it's our decision).

I really cannot see any situation in which we'd spend the night together.
By Beckymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Nov 14, 2010 02:45 AM
Occasionally. I wouldnt say it would necessarily be once a week, but some weeks I have spent 2 or 3 nights there. He lives about 45mins away and I dont have the energy to drive home and its safer to stay than drive.
By Kekoamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Nov 14, 2010 02:51 AM
I voted for my ex. We spent almost every night together. It was nice, I dislike sleeping alone, but sometimes I like a night or two to hog the bed. That being said, in the future I'll probably only spend 2-3 nights a week with my SO. I am one of those people who slacks when I have even the slightest distraction, and nights are when I get my homework and cleaning done since I'm such a night owl.
Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch