Forum: Ballet / Pas De Deux

help with landings!
By kitri4life
On Tue Nov 09, 2010 06:38 PM

In a pdd im performing very soon I am lifted in a padechat. But every time I land I make a huge boom noise even though I plie! help please!

4 Replies to help with landings!

re: help with landings!
By DanceOfTheHeartmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:25 PM
It's not your fault, it's your parnter's he is control of you completely and the more he doesn't control your landing the more the risk it is for you to get injured. But also when you are coming down from the lift, lean slightly back because if you go forward it is much much harder for your partner to control you. You must come down almost against him with his elbows tight to his body so your weight is right in the center of him.

He needs to almost make you float down to the ground and resist your weight from gravity. He needs to catch you completely and then place you down very gently. Ask your teacher to help you.

~brooke~
By vista5Premium member
On Wed Nov 10, 2010 01:14 AM
Are you rolling through your feet as you land? Make sure your feet are part of the landing: toe, ball, heel.
By BalletdogPremium member
On Wed Nov 10, 2010 08:10 AM
The two comments above essentially say it all. Just in general, keep your core strong as you're being partnered - it's much easier for the guy to partner you if you're solid like a board (not mushy like a wet noodle).

Enjoy,

Rick
By kitri4life
On Sun Nov 14, 2010 01:11 PM
thank you so much I'm going to try that the next pas de deux class. my partner is a little bit new to ballet he has only danced for 1 year. the teacher put him with me so i can help him but I want to be able to improve to! plus since I'm a girl I don't know what a guy should do, I've never had a reason to learn.

ReplySendWatch