On Sun Nov 14, 2010 08:40 PM

How cool is this?

www.forbes.com . . .

Keep On Dancing*

5 Replies to Green Machines!

re: Green Machines!
By Reidfidleirmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Nov 15, 2010 09:40 AM
That's cool. too bad I hate BMWs. I had fun messing around with the colors though hehe.
By AlwaysOnStagePremium member
On Mon Nov 15, 2010 09:52 AM
I don't think I'm getting the right page? Twenty Million-Dollar Businesses you Knew Nothing About?
By Reidfidleirmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Nov 15, 2010 04:14 PM
^ I noticed that when the button popped up to "build your car" you have to click on it right away otherwise it transports you to some other kind of gobbledy gook.
By ChristinePremium member
On Fri Nov 19, 2010 08:40 PM
Sorry about the odd link.
I don't know why that happened.
I clicked on it (of course I knew what I was looking for...) and copied and pasted it below.

Not the "magazine quality" of Forbes Magazine, but the info is the same.
20 Million-Dollar Businesses You've Never Heard Of

Smarter Fuel

Windgap, Pa.
Entrepreneur: Dave Dunham
Product/Service: Biodiesel fuel from restaurant frying oil
Start Date: 2004
Startup Costs: $50,000
Revenue: $3 million in 2009
Dunham bagged degrees in music and international business but was more intrigued by converting waste frying oil from restaurants into diesel fuel. First step: switching over his '85 Volkswagen Golf to the stuff. Today Smarter Fuel has accounts in seven states, with five trucks to collect the waste oil and a bunch more to deliver it after refining.

I just love it when I sit next to a car at an intersection and it smells like french fries! So much nicer than that "bus" smell of regular diesel.

Keep On Dancing*
By ChristinePremium member
On Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:36 PM
Years ago some family members attended a convention of "Greascars". A local dairy had a huge batch of some kind of oil based product they used to flavor a failed dairy product. It was going to cost them money to discard it, but when they heard about the "Tree Huger Convention" they sent the oil over to them.

The exhaust smelled like Strawberry Kiwi, Banana, and other "flavors" (I don't remember them all) At the time I thought it was a shame the exhaust wasn't different colors, like pink or yellow, depending on the "scent"

The thing that is interesting to me about this, is that when you ask a politician about renewable energy to run cars, they act like it's impossible. "Maybe when the technology is developed..." yet I know LOTS of people who run their cars on Veggie Oil.

Keep On Dancing*

ReplySendWatch