Forum: Advice / Girls & Guys PG-13

Page:
Page 2 of 2: 1 2
re: My best friend thinks his wife had an abortion
By Heartmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:43 AM
The wife's medical records - at least in America, I don't know where you are - are 110% confidential. Unless she releases that information, no one can find out about it - not you, not her husband, not anyone. Perhaps via a court order, though that is more for civil litigation like worker's comp or slip-and-falls, and I can't imagine any court disclosing evidence of an abortion. This is the way it should be. Your spouse has no right to see your medical records.
By Meganmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:06 PM
^It sounds like she's in South Africa (just from the currency), so the laws could very well be substantially different.
By Anon1234567890member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:23 PM
the biggest thing I am upset about is her talking behind my back about me.

So why didn't you make a post about THAT, instead of about THIS?

At least now I can tell him there is no possible way unless he gets a lawyer involved. What he does with that is his decision.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no and NO! That STILL counts as interfering and getting involved. Apart from the fact that it's very, very unlikely that a lawyer would be able to do anything, it's for HIM to look into. Not you. Do not tell him anything. He's a big boy and this is his problem to deal with on his own. How are you still not getting this?
re: My best friend thinks his wife had an abortion (karma: 2)
By Meglyn
On Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:43 PM
I already phoned him a while ago, I told him that I want nothing to do with this situationany more. I told him he needs to find out his own information and not expect me to find out for him. I told him I want nothing to do with it and that I don't want to know what the outcome is with whatever he does.
I told him that he must do what he needs to do and that I don't want to be involved in it.
I said I don't want to hear any intimate details of their lives anymore and they must sort themselves out without involving me. I told him I am still here for him to listen to him, but only to a certain extent.

It took a while for me to realise it, I know, but I just had to think about what everyone had said.

I do agree I prob should not have written this thread, because it does make me a hipocrit. But thanks for all of your advise!
By kandykanePremium member
On Tue Nov 16, 2010 01:00 PM
^ Good girl. Now, stick by that!

kk~
By Heartmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Nov 16, 2010 02:50 PM
Awesome! We LOVE it when someone ACTUALLY TAKES ADVICE. That's super cool. Stick by it and know that it's the healthiest thing to do for BOTH of you.
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Nov 16, 2010 02:55 PM
I said I don't want to hear any intimate details of their lives anymore and they must sort themselves out without involving me. I told him I am still here for him to listen to him, but only to a certain extent.

Great, but you should have stopped that train one sentence sooner. "I'm still here to listen to you" is really quickly going to turn back into "Would you call this clinic to find out if a partner has to give consent for a procedure?". I mean, you've already done it once, he knows you'll do it twice.
Page:
Page 2 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch