Forum: Arts / Debates

Page:
Page 5 of 10: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
re: Full Body Scan or Pat Down?
By imadanseurPremium member
On Sat Nov 20, 2010 09:50 PM
In this economy? Someone should just quit? Will there be another option waiting? People who fly on business don't all love that aspect.

I had a best friend who flew for her job for years. She HATED it. She hated living out of a suitcase. She hated being away from her family. But she had to endure it for economic reasons.

I am not suggesting that anyone should "just quit." But I am trying to emphasize that we all have CHOICES. If you hate your job and hate traveling or don't like the new travel laws then there are always solutions and other choices. People that say they HAVE to do something because there are no other options are stuck inside their own head and not thinking outside the box. I know plenty of people who eventually worked out solutions to get out of jobs they absolutely hated. It didn't happen overnight, but they went to school part time, joined networking groups, thought about side businesses they could start that would help get them out of their current job, thought of creative solutions to work at home for part of their job through conference calls etc.

I just wish someone that has actually experienced the new pat downs and machines would come on. I am flying in December for a work related event, but its not for another month. My brother will be taking a flight to Cali soon, but he won't have a problem with getting fondled either.
By Kekoamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:01 PM
I'm flying Thursday morning, so I'll be sure to update.

Once again, I fully understand why people are upset. I also don't necessarily think that these scanners and patdowns are the best idea. I think that most DDNers have expressed their concerns well. However, I hope that the general public acts like adults about this and refrains from flying if they're opposed until this is all sorted out. Right now, the option is to fly or else choose between the scan or the patdown. Please, for the love of all that is good, do not decide to fly and then cause a scene by refusing both. I'm reading everywhere that there's supposed to be a nationwide "protest" on Wednesday, and I think that is absolutely awful. Contact your senator, talk to the media, blog, have an old fashioned protest outside the airports that have these scanners...but PLEASE don't screw the rest of us over.
By YumYumDoughnutPremium member
On Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:07 PM
Edited by jazz_lover (99333) on 2010-11-20 22:09:26
Edited by jazz_lover (99333) on 2010-11-20 22:19:03
I got a full body scan when I flew back from Iceland. I believe this was in Boston? The people were very nice to me. I asked them about radiation levels of the scan and they told me that it was pretty low. They gave me the option of having a Pat down.( I chose pat down on the second time back. I had full body scan first time. I didn't wan't to expose to too much radiation in a matter of a few days) I am not 100% sure if this pat down is the "new pat down", but it wasn't as bad as people make it out to be.

They took me out of the line and had me stand behind a barrier thing. A female came and quickly ran her hands over me. I don't think her hands made any contact with my genitals. At least, not that I noticed.

The part that bothered me the most is that she messed up my hair. Mine was up in a messy bun thing , and she kind of grabbed it and fondled it for a bit. I assume she was checking for knives or other weapons.

So I MAY have had experience with the new pat down, but I am not 100% sure. If I actually had the new pat down it wasn't something outrageous.

Just be sure to fly with your hair down, because they WILL mess up an updo.

After Edit

I think I just got a bad draw of luck because I got stopped twice. My guy didn't get stopped either time. Maybe I look like I blow up bombs or something....

I understand why they won't scan pilots. I mean, if they wanted to blow up a plane...couldn't they crash it or something>
By Moonlitefairy06member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:09 PM
Edited by Moonlitefairy06 (90715) on 2010-11-20 22:18:15
Check out this video. Why on earth did they remove a kids shirt in the middle of the airport?
www.youtube.com . . .

This is all in response to the underwear bomber last Christmas. Here's the problem: That was an INTERNATIONAL FLIGHT! We know other countries aren't doing this kind of searching and naked pictures so doing this in the US is really extremely pointless. I'm getting a bit nervous for a flight I'm taking in late December. I suffer from a skin problem around my vaginal area. During times of outbreaks if it is touched the wrong away I am literally doubled over in pain. I've had some outbreaks lately, hopefully they will be healed by then. I went through the full body scanner this summer and I would choose that again, but I still worry that I"ll be randomly selected or somehow set it off.

Just to add: when I flew this summer and went through the naked machine, I just rememebred that that then had be sit on a chair and felt up and down my pant legs. They didn't get anywhere near my genitals though. But really what was the point of the naked picture if your gonna feel me up anyway? This was in Baltimore (BWI)
By DancinDiva2005member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:35 PM
Edited by DancinDiva2005 (17591) on 2010-11-20 22:36:53
Edited by DancinDiva2005 (17591) on 2010-11-20 22:39:51
Edited by DancinDiva2005 (17591) on 2010-11-20 22:47:55 last one, I swear
Obama speaks about "Frustrations":

"Obama: TSA pat-downs frustrating but necessary"

www.msnbc.msn.com . . .

but he said the enhanced security measures are necessary to keep America safe.

I hate this excuse. I know it's been said before but I don't understand how so many other countries are able to keep safe but yet...we have to have this "new and improved" system to "keep us safe".

HOW much are we going to put up with in the name of "keeping safe"?

GAH!! What's the next step after this? Assume a terrorist gets through this with something? Why not sneak something in his 3oz bottle of shampoo in the carry-on? Or I dunno..just assume someone makes it through these...THEN WHAT?

Or..what if they sneak onto a subway and blow one of those up? Why don't we have these new measures of security on every other form of transportation?

Oh, and this gem too:
Obama acknowledged that as president he does not have to go through pat-downs and other normal security procedures at airports, since he flies on Air Force One.

And this:
"One of the most frustrating aspects of this fight against terrorism is that it has created a whole security apparatus around us that causes huge inconvenience for all of us,” Obama said.

I don't consider this 'security apparatus' just to be an "inconvenience".
"Oh, that's inconvenient that I have to be groped by a total stranger to fly today."

Good thing I don't have any flights to take in the near future. I was planning on getting from Missouri to California in the early spring...looks like I'll be driving now. Help those gas prices get nice and high :) heh.

Also, wouldn't it be nice if our train system was evolved enough so people did have another decent option to turn to? I'd love to have some of those high-speed trains here that they have in many countries overseas.
It wouldn't help international travelers, but still...
By i_am_me
On Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:50 PM
Edited by i_am_me (202298) on 2010-11-20 22:52:28
Edited by imadanseur (79325) on 2010-11-22 05:18:07 Veiled profanity...#%*#
imadanseur wrote:

But I am trying to emphasize that we all have CHOICES.

As mentioned before, I'm gonna opt in for the vag-swipe and fly if I want to.

I don't care about the radiation, I don't fly that often. But I don't really want my naked self on screen. I don't even care if they have the capacity to save it or not. I just am not okay with the visual, period. Creeps me out regardless of it's intended use.

You want to see me naked? Well,then we are going to have to have sex, because otherwise it ain't happening unless you're my female doctor.

HOWEVER, all of that said...I am a 45 year old woman who can make these adult decisions. I have an 11 year old son and I don't want him to be subjected to EITHER. No nude-a-tron and don't touch my kids genitals.

Apparently, they give them a "modified" pat down until they are 13, in which there is no guarantee that I can watch over it. Sorry. Don't take my kid and pat him down where I can't see. That's a HELLZ NO.

I am a supporter of our President. But I agree with the notion that Malia, Sasha and Michelle should have a vag swipe too to demonstrate their support. Sorry. That sounds disgusting. Why? BECAUSE IT IS DISGUSTING.
By TinyDmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:55 PM
I am leaving for America on the 15th of December and this thread has me terrified to fly! I don't agree with either screening measure. I feel that they are both an invasion of privacy.

I have flown to America three times now and each time getting through security has taken longer than the last. How long is it going to take now?

I think these new measures are taking things to the extreme! In Australia, we have random bomb screening but nothing like this. How do these screenings protect America from international threats coming from countries that don't have such screening processes?

I am now going to spend the next three weeks terrified that I am going to be touched inappropriately or have an image of my nude self saved on a computer and spread around the interwebz!!
By i_am_me
On Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:09 PM
TinyD wrote:

How do these screenings protect America from international threats coming from countries that don't have such screening processes?

Why would you go and ask something so completely logical like that? Apparently our government hasn't asked these questions. Holes in the system? Where?

I've already read somewhere where a person from another country is refusing to visit the states. Nice. Let's see how this effects our economy as a whole as we garner the reputation of police state.
re: Full Body Scan or Pat Down? (karma: 1)
By slice
On Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:28 PM
Edited by slice (109495) on 2010-11-20 23:30:43
Edited by slice (109495) on 2010-11-20 23:58:31
i_am_me wrote:

I am a supporter of our President. But I agree with the notion that Malia, Sasha and Michelle should have a vag swipe too to demonstrate their support. Sorry. That sounds disgusting. Why? BECAUSE IT IS DISGUSTING.

The notion that our president is at fault for any and every piece of legislation or regulation that flies from a governmental organization is naive and completely ignorant at best. And I'm sure the level of discomfort ANY presidential family must endure in the name of security far outweighs anything you might find coming from the TSA.
By i_am_me
On Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:10 AM
slice wrote:

The notion that our president is at fault for any and every piece of legislation or regulation that flies from a governmental organization is naive and completely ignorant at best.

You are going to have to refresh my memory regarding where I insinuated he was "at fault for any and every piece of legislation and regulation." OR for the TSA's new measures for that matter. I am neither "naive" or "completely ignorant".

I said it should be done to show their "support". And that's OBVIOUSLY a sarcastic jab at how ludicrous the procedure is, because I'm not sure we can comfortably picture a TSA agents hand in one of his kids crotches.

I wouldn't care WHO the sitting President was. It's a point being made at it's lunacy.

Might I say, my thread has remained very non-hostile and productive thus far. Thank you for all of the many opinions, whether I have agreed or not.

Should the integrity of the thread disintegrate into a name calling event, I'll lock it.
By i_am_me
On Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:43 AM
Just found this...

www.youtube.com . . .
By OkinawaDancing
On Sun Nov 21, 2010 01:22 AM
Edited by OkinawaDancing (223602) on 2010-11-21 01:33:36
i_am_me wrote:

slice wrote:

The notion that our president is at fault for any and every piece of legislation or regulation that flies from a governmental organization is naive and completely ignorant at best.

You are going to have to refresh my memory regarding where I insinuated he was "at fault for any and every piece of legislation and regulation." OR for the TSA's new measures for that matter. I am neither "naive" or "completely ignorant".

I said it should be done to show their "support". And that's OBVIOUSLY a sarcastic jab at how ludicrous the procedure is, because I'm not sure we can comfortably picture a TSA agents hand in one of his kids crotches.

I wouldn't care WHO the sitting President was. It's a point being made at it's lunacy.

Might I say, my thread has remained very non-hostile and productive thus far. Thank you for all of the many opinions, whether I have agreed or not.

Should the integrity of the thread disintegrate into a name calling event, I'll lock it.

I don't think that the intent was to accuse you rather than to just state another point (At least that is how I read it).

I have spoken to a lot of other americans here who are so mad at president obama for this being implemented as if one day he decided to just put this in place over breakfast. I think that the point of the post is that whether you are an obama supporter or not we need to understand that there are others responsible for these decisions. It is silly to assume that America is run by one person making all of these decisions.

Personally I do not think that the president is happy about the decisions that were made that he now has to speak to the american people about (because that's basically how this works as many tend to look over this fact). He needs to do, however, what he is "hired" to do that being staying professional and diplomatic. Maybe his not subjecting his family to this is his way of showing that he isn't comfortable with this. . ?

Either way, as the president he really can't scream out to the american people like sometimes we wish he could/would and things need to go through the proper channels.
By Sumayah
On Sun Nov 21, 2010 01:47 AM
Edited by Sumayah (204191) on 2010-11-21 02:00:24
imadanseur wrote:

In this economy? Someone should just quit? Will there be another option waiting? People who fly on business don't all love that aspect.

I had a best friend who flew for her job for years. She HATED it. She hated living out of a suitcase. She hated being away from her family. But she had to endure it for economic reasons.

I am not suggesting that anyone should "just quit." But I am trying to emphasize that we all have CHOICES. If you hate your job and hate traveling or don't like the new travel laws then there are always solutions and other choices.

What about people who love their jobs and love to travel but are uncomfortable/refuse to cooperate with the new security measures? What we had to have an invasive pat down or be shown nude on a screen every time before we taught class? Well, pity I spent all that time and money on training and absolutely love my job, guess now I get to be a fry cook at McDonald's because I refuse to go through that. As I said, I hate flying - I'm white knuckled, in tears the whole way and it hurts my ear really badly. However I'd love to someday travel abroad. But with my fear of flying coupled with these security measures, I'll never get to do it. So I guess I'm not going to be privileged enough to fly ever again.

New point - what of children flying alone? I have two teenage nephews who yearly fly unaccompanied to visit their dad. What happens to children who have to fly alone? What happens when they're flagged and alone - too old to have a stewardess watch over them but not adults. What happens then?

Next question, if these are the new flying procedures, what happens next? What becomes to new safety measure? Are we going to be told to strip naked and bend over and grab our ankles? And where the heck is the money for all this coming from?! I'm so glad to see all the other government funded agencies are so well full. I mean it's not like health care or public education need any money. They're rolling in it right? Oh and to mention that we're a nation of people in debt governed by a country in debt and what example does the government set? Buy the shiniest new toy and spend tons of money - it's not like they *really* have to ever pay that back. So you know what, to hell with my credit score, to hell with the banks, I'm going to spend all night watching infomercials and I'm going to buy all the pretty, shiny expensive things so I can be like the government.

I just want to know where will the line be? If not this then what? As I said earlier, the government is telling us nudity is bad and here they are promoting it. If they're going to cling to their Puritanical roots and be oh so modest in every other aspect of their censorship, why is it acceptable here? Why is it acceptable for someone to see me naked? Since being an adult, only three people have seen me naked - my husband, my doctor, and my former roommate (and even she hasn't seen me totally naked). I don't walk around in skimpy clothes, it's just not how I feel comfortable. So, I guess my choice has been made for me. I won't be flying so long as this crap is going on. Thanks TSA, without you I might have decided to see the world, but I think I'd rather drill a hole through my skull instead.

edit*

One more thing.

The pat downs are same sex but is the person monitoring the nude scans same sex? I understand the person seeing you naked never see you personally and the agent dealing with you personally never sees the scam but I should be fine with some random person male or female looking at me naked? I think not. I don't care that the images are deleted and that they aren't allowed to have cell phones or other devices used to take pictures, that it's a fireable offense. But that should make me feel better, to know that if someone was getting off on this and was taking pictures that they'd be fired and fined... oh well. I realize it's not girls gone wild... oh right, they at least get compensation for being seen naked.
By OkinawaDancing
On Sun Nov 21, 2010 01:59 AM
imadanseur wrote:

I am not suggesting that anyone should "just quit." But I am trying to emphasize that we all have CHOICES. If you hate your job and hate traveling or don't like the new travel laws then there are always solutions and other choices. People that say they HAVE to do something because there are no other options are stuck inside their own head and not thinking outside the box. I know plenty of people who eventually worked out solutions to get out of jobs they absolutely hated. It didn't happen overnight, but they went to school part time, joined networking groups, thought about side businesses they could start that would help get them out of their current job, thought of creative solutions to work at home for part of their job through conference calls etc.

I just wish someone that has actually experienced the new pat downs and machines would come on. I am flying in December for a work related event, but its not for another month. My brother will be taking a flight to Cali soon, but he won't have a problem with getting fondled either.

The important thing to remember is that most people who have a job that requires flying also requires you to be in another place within a time frame. You can not drive to LA from Boston over night nor can you take any other form of transportation other than flying and arrive at the destination within the required time frame. It is not that people are stuck inside their own heads but if a business man or woman who flies often for work between major cities for meetings and has done so for 10 -15 year now doesn't want to be touched there. We're not talking about not wanting a background check here. . .
What this is suggesting is having people in a position where they have to either risk their careers or do something they are very uncomfortable with.

I think if you want to hear someone's actual experience you can search many of the news outlets out there (and I mean legit ones) and see what people who have actually experienced them have to say.

Everyone has their own opinion which seems to sum up the thoughts of everyone but the ultimate problem is that with the amounts of variations of the people going through airports (medical conditions, sexuality, past experience/trauma, children, pads, adult diapers, trans-genders, prosthetics, and the list goes on) the TSA is not taking into account the care and consideration that needs to be taken. As mentioned with the pad does the TSA agent now need to see it to prove that it's not a bomb like she had to see the breast of the cancer survivor? How about the agent not knowing how to proper handle the medical condition of the man with the bladder cancer? People like this fly every day probably more than you think because before they never needed to be "outed" or put on the spot like they do now.

Again, it's just food for thought. I just don't think that things like this can be put into place unless they have answers for all the little questions.
By Sumayah
On Sun Nov 21, 2010 02:47 AM
Moonlitefairy06 wrote:

This is all in response to the underwear bomber last Christmas.

Incidentally, because he had powder in his underwear, it won't show up in the screening anyway so really this is in response to as of yet unforseen threats and possible developments in technology. So I don't feel safer - another underwear bomber could slip through this system. But all this extra security really puts a whole different spin on the T&A in TSA.
re: Full Body Scan or Pat Down? (karma: 2)
By amarathPremium member
On Sun Nov 21, 2010 07:21 AM
I hate full body pat downs. They are complete and utter nonsense.

I haven't read this thread because it's 5 pages long, and I don't want to start from the beginning. However, I'm like 100% sure that half the people are arguing that these are all necessary for public security, needed to keep terrorists from existing and keep people safe, and what not. To that, I say this:

Listen. There are many, many things that we can do to try and diminish terrorism. If we're going to go all out about it, the safest way to fly on planes would be to have all luggage hand searched, all persons made to wear company-issued jumpsuits/onesies, no carry on luggage required, etc. We don't do that. Why? Because it's stupid. There are reasonable precautions and there are unreasonable precautions.

Me, I think general full body pat downs are unreasonable. I got like, literally grope-style patted down by some chick as I flew from England to France today (oh, and they searched my stuff by hand, too, fantastic, nothing like having a lady flip through all of your books [what did she think was hiding in my books??] and going through your tampon supply) and it's nonsense. There is such a thing as being over rigorous, ridiculous, and unnecessary. Enough is enough. You ought to take reasonable precautions, but there are so many reasons why people wouldn't want to be scanned or patted down that I could keep going for hours. Even just something as basic as 'it's creepy as $@#$' -- I'm not some sort of crazy religious, and I am not the survivor of any type of sexual assault, but it makes me hella uncomfortable to have some stranger running their hands all over me. Like, don't touch me. I don't want my mom doing that. I definitely don't want you.
By dancemomtoo
On Sun Nov 21, 2010 08:25 AM
Edited by dancemomtoo (81523) on 2010-11-21 09:12:23 added source
Just bc you have a choice to fly does not mean you waive your constitutional rights to be from unreasonable invasions of your privacy. An employer can't give you lower pay bc your a woman just bc you can chose whether or not to take that job.

The test for constitutionality is does the government have a compelling interest-we can all agree that it does. AND is the search narrowly drawn and reasonably tailored to meet its objectives. Are there alternative , less intrusive means of promoting travelling safety. On this question the pat downs are an absolute fail and will remain so until everyone on the watch list is put on the do not fly list and required to request an exemption and subject themselves to higher screening. the underwear bomber would never have gotten on the plane if this was the case.

Obama ABSOLUTELY has the power and authority to tel the tsa to back off and evaluate its current procedures. The buck definitely stops with him.

Remember how he took his daughter swimming in the gulf after the oils spill to show its safety? How the first family got h1n1 shots to show their safety. Well, you can BET his wife and daughters won't be getting enhanced pat downs-why not? Too humiliating and degrading.

Altho I know how inconvenient it will be , I DO hope people protest. Peaceful protest is the hallmark of our democracy. People flying need to build in time for very slow clearances of security. You should also have the DHS hotline phone number to which to report abuses in administering the pat downs. Know your rights before you go thru. Supposedly you have a right to request a private room for your screening and that a travel companion accompany you during it. You can retrieve your belongings before you are separated from them (not sure about this one)

From the tsa website
Only passengers who alarm a walk through metal detector or AIT machine or opt out of the AIT receive a pat-down. For this reason, it is designed to be thorough in order to detect any potential threats and keep the traveling public safe. Pat-downs are performed by same-gender officers and all passengers have the right to a private screening with a travel companion at any time.

My personal belief is that if enough people complain the tsa will come up with a more reasonable and more effective method. Oh, and by the way, the tsa lied. The backscatter machines CAN store and export nude photos/xrays. That function is just 'disabled' at the airport once its placed there.

Fact: Only passengers who alarm a walk through metal detector or AIT machine or opt out of the AIT receive a pat-down. For this reason, it is designed to be thorough in order to detect any potential threats and keep the traveling public safe. Pat-downs are performed by same-gender officers and all passengers have the right to a private screening with a travel companion at any time.
By i_am_me
On Sun Nov 21, 2010 08:54 AM
Edited by i_am_me (202298) on 2010-11-21 09:03:43
Sumayah wrote:

New point - what of children flying alone? I have two teenage nephews who yearly fly unaccompanied to visit their dad. What happens to children who have to fly alone? What happens when they're flagged and alone - too old to have a stewardess watch over them but not adults. What happens then?

Oh my goodness! I didn't even think of that! I was considering eventually letting my son fly solo. I would NEVER allow that now.

Sumayah wrote:

Next question, if these are the new flying procedures, what happens next? What becomes to new safety measure? Are we going to be told to strip naked and bend over and grab our ankles?

This is the MOST important issue. When do they go ahead and say "Since things are being smuggled through in orifices, we are going to start random cavity checks." That's next people. For anyone who thinks a terrorist won't jack something up their vag, think again.

Sumayah wrote:

Since being an adult, only three people have seen me naked - my husband, my doctor, and my former roommate (and even she hasn't seen me totally naked). I don't walk around in skimpy clothes, it's just not how I feel comfortable.

That's me. Not raised in a house where everyone runs around buck naked. Not a skinny dipper. Not a let's all get drunk crazy and naked college kid (and wasn't that way when I was IN college). Not my thing.

Like I said, you wanna see me naked? You're going to have to be my partner or my ob/gyn. Otherwise the GED grad in the booth ain't having a quick peek, regardless of whether he is interested or not.

And although I would choose the vag-swipe, I would wear a big thick Kotex whether I was on my period or not. You wanna feel my crotch? Here's a big handful of cotton for you, biatches.

dancemomtoo wrote:

Remember how he took his daughter swimming in the gulf after the oils spill to show its safety? How the first family got h1n1 shots to show their safety. Well, you can BET his wife and daughters won't be getting enhanced pat downs-why not? Too humiliating and degrading.

Please and thank you.
re: Full Body Scan or Pat Down? (karma: 1)
By DancinDiva2005member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Nov 21, 2010 09:57 AM
Edited by DancinDiva2005 (17591) on 2010-11-21 10:06:44
SNL got a hold of this topic:

www.youtube.com . . .#!

:D

^ and as for the Obama thing, I posted a link about halfway up the page that shows Obama's reactions to this whole thing. He said basically that it's a "necessary frustration for the safety of the American people"...but that he "doesn't have to do it because he (and his family) fly in the Air Force One".
By i_am_me
On Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:01 AM
^^^ hehehe!
By tumblebugPremium member
On Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:06 AM
Edited by tumblebug (25049) on 2010-11-21 10:11:49
For those of you seeking real footage, little can be argued with this. This is disgusting and unnecessary. Keep in mind, this was BEFORE the new measures were taken which are even worse.
What if this happened to you or someone in your family?

www.youtube.com . . .
By i_am_me
On Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:45 AM
^^^^^GAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

The humiliation aspect just makes me want to cry.

Not okay. It's just NOT.
By Meganmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:58 AM
^^Interestingly, though, there's no footage of the stuff this guy claims. Just saying. I saw nothing in that video actually showing anything inappropriate. Those stories might sound scary, but without proof, those things can get twisted, even by good people. Even the woman in the beginning- it's very hard to know if it's appropriate without hearing what she's saying.
By Moonlitefairy06member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:28 AM
you think the TSA is ever going to release security videos to the media now? Of course not. We will only get proof if someone has there phone with them, but those cases are rare because at the time that you would have the best view of whats going on, your phone will be in the bin going through the metal detector.
By i_am_me
On Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:56 AM
Edited by i_am_me (202298) on 2010-11-21 11:58:08
Moonlitefairy06 wrote:

you think the TSA is ever going to release security videos to the media now? Of course not. We will only get proof if someone has there phone with them, but those cases are rare because at the time that you would have the best view of whats going on, your phone will be in the bin going through the metal detector.

That's what I was wondering with the "don't touch my junk" guy. He has his iPhone in his hand. How did he do that?

My other concern is, if I decide to get a patdown and my laptop and purse is going through the xray belt, how do I watch my stuff? Can we go and get our belongings before we are molested?
Page:
Page 5 of 10: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

ReplySendWatch