Forum: Irish / Good Luck, Congratulations, Thank You

A *huge* thank you to DutchShamrock! (karma: 1)
By mochabelle
On Sat Nov 27, 2010 07:16 PM

DD was devastated when her new dress arrived, not 2 weeks before Oireachtas, and didn't fit (beyond alterations). Two days (and a LOT of stressing) later, we saw DutchShamrock at the Coyle Feis, where she saw JUSTHOWTIGHT DD's dress was and that there was no way it was going to make it to the O! A few quick measurements and 5 days later, she delivered this beautiful, beautiful dress!

I don't know what we would have done without her random act of kindness. DD loves it and she looked beautiful yesterday at the MARO. Thank you, thank you, thank you DutchShamrock!

(PS - for anyone wondering, we were able to sell the "new" dress to another dancer in our school within 8 hours of having it...so it all ended well for everyone!)

13 Replies to A *huge* thank you to DutchShamrock!

re: A *huge* thank you to DutchShamrock!
By dancemomtoo
On Sat Nov 27, 2010 08:16 PM
aww-she looks adorable and HUGE kudos to Dutchshamrock-what a feat!
By SaoirseCorPremium member
On Sun Nov 28, 2010 06:14 AM
What a beautiful dress on an dazzling little girl. Her excitement and joy is obvious.

The most beautiful part of the picture is your dd's brilliant and engaging smile. I couldn't help but smile back. Her smile spreads from ear to ear and is reflected in her sparkling eyes.

It is heartwarming when story ends... "Happily ever after!"

It never ceases me what can happen be accomplished when when people work together. What a wonderful life lesson and memory for your dd!

Thank you for posting the story. The people of DutchShamrock must be very special individuals. They are to be commended for their tireless efforts to ensure this happy ending. (or maybe I should say a happy beginning...)

Best wishes to all
By celticfeetmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Nov 28, 2010 06:46 AM
Wow! What a beautiful dress to have made in that time frame! Your daughter looks so pleased. DutchShamrock, I am so thankful for people like you who are still in the business of being kind! I'm glad it worked out for everyone! :)
By LlamaLlamaDuckmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Nov 28, 2010 08:16 AM
that dress looks so lightweight and comfortable...

I'm glad that everything worked out!
By FeisQueenmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:29 PM
Aww, what a nice story! That was very sweet, DutchShamrock!

Your daughter looks great and l really love that red color. It's so Christmas-y!
By Hop_123member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Nov 28, 2010 01:02 PM
I love a story with a happy ending!

The dress looks lovely on your daughter. Thank you DutchShamrock, for sharing your skills with another family! :D
By Maisey
On Sun Nov 28, 2010 04:15 PM
Red seems to be the in colour at the moment. She looks spectacular in this dress. What a beautiful girl she is. I guess you know people in the right places. Well Done DS.
By mochabelle
On Sun Nov 28, 2010 05:14 PM
Edited by mochabelle (198383) on 2010-11-28 17:16:07
Just to clarify...DutchShamrock is another DDN member. Our daughters have danced "against" each other since they were beginners (we're not from the same school), which makes this story all the more sweet. The true definition of a feis friend!

Thank you, all, for your kind comments. She truly shined on stage!
By China_Doll
On Sun Nov 28, 2010 05:20 PM
Aww She sent a photo of the dress to me before and I loved it- it looks REALLY great on your daughter though! So glad it worked out- Dutch is such an amazing person,and I adore her girls! I love getting to catch up with them at competitions.
By DutchShamrock
On Sun Nov 28, 2010 07:25 PM
It was my pleasure. :) She looked great up on stage!

We look forward to seeing our feis friends next season. Prelim U9,can't wait!
By DressShopping
On Mon Nov 29, 2010 07:06 AM
Wow...talented AND so kind and giving! It is so fitting that this dress waas made for Thanksgiving weekend! Way to go Dutch! PS-Thanks for sitting with me at results and I apologise for sobbing on your shoulder! If your sweater needs drycleaning let me know! :)
re: A *huge* thank you to DutchShamrock! (karma: 1)
By DutchShamrock
On Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:09 AM
@ DressShopping--What a fantastic moment to share with you! So did your dd hop off the stage and say "Thanks for making me put my wig back in Mom." :D
By reel_faerie85member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Nov 29, 2010 02:31 PM
What a lovely story to tell. Karma for that one!

ReplySendWatch