Forum: General / Administrative

Page:
Page 2 of 21 2
re: s2010 banned (karma: 1)
By x_Chelles_xPremium member Comments: 2372, member since Thu Jul 06, 2006
On Wed Dec 01, 2010 05:05 AM
I contacted the Mayo dance school as thought they might know something in their area this is the reply
sorry to hear about this scam. I will keep and eye out.
Unfortunatly this woman is part of a traveller family in this community. The Collins are known for their scams. Police are regularly at their houses. 3 of the families live in very large houses in the town. They have had their house seised before for some kind of tax scam. So there is a chance they have sold them on. However some of these families wear outfits similar to disco freestyle outfit to parties and special occasions, so there's also a chance they are using them. There is a neighbourhood project that many of the traveller children attend, I know the people who run it as i have previously done a couple of workshops there. They would have a better idea of if these costumes are around. If pictures of costumes taken could be rounded up and sent to me, I could ask around.
I would not get to hopeful the police will do much. Police here aren't the best and alot of these families always find a way out of it. The best bet is to actually ask other travellers, especially rival families of the collins.
The neighbour hood project have a couple of lads coming in teaching dance too, who may know about the costumes also.

I know the costumes would not show up at any of our events. We have strict fee paying policies and all costumes parents buy for kids in our school for use at competitions and events have to be approved by the teacher first. I usually purhase costumes for parents to insure suitability. So we would not attract people who would pull these scams to our school.
That is the best thing I can do I'm afraid.
I hope the situation gets sorted,
i dont think general is a good place for this post as doesnt come up on the disco feed
re: s2010 banned
By TheMidlakeMusemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11321, member since Sun Nov 23, 2003
On Wed Dec 01, 2010 05:48 AM
^ There is an official disco thread for this, and it's linked in the reply above yours.

Dani
By hylndlasmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7170, member since Wed Sep 22, 2004
On Wed Dec 01, 2010 06:55 AM
I've done PLENTY of Business (both personal and professional) with the Brits and the ONLY time I've seen this happen is unfortunately with the disco community. :( I think it's partially because they are so close and they know everyone, ergo they tend to be really trusting.

Elaina is right. You don't see this in the Highland community, but yet we can be pretty close knit too.
By pinkfishPremium member Comments: 1093, member since Sun Nov 25, 2007
On Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:44 AM
Hi. I think that one of the reasons these costumes are sent out first to buyers for "fittings" is that there is minimal if any fitting information in the ads for these costumes. Rarely do you see measurements. Ads tend to say will fit under 6 year to small under 10 year old. Well that is covering 3 aged group dancers. To me that could be any one of 4 sizes.

"Will it fit?" How is a buyer supposed to know this with no measurments provided to go off.

Sonia x
By DefyingGravityPremium member Comments: 5265, member since Sun Jan 19, 2003
On Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:50 AM
pinkfish wrote:

"Will it fit?" How is a buyer supposed to know this with no measurments provided to go off.
...How about reply to the posting saying, "Can you please measure the dancer who wore this costume and tell me how much let out room there is?" That's much more reasonable than sending a costume to a stranger without payment...
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:10 PM
pinkfish wrote:

Hi. I think that one of the reasons these costumes are sent out first to buyers for "fittings" is that there is minimal if any fitting information in the ads for these costumes. Rarely do you see measurements. Ads tend to say will fit under 6 year to small under 10 year old. Well that is covering 3 aged group dancers. To me that could be any one of 4 sizes.

Sonia x

Then you need to report those posts, because there's clearly written requirements for measurements to be included. We do what we can, but there's quite a bit more costumes for sale than there are mods to edit the posts.
By TRACEY66 Comments: 3, member since Mon Nov 29, 2010
On Thu Dec 02, 2010 09:24 AM
please can you tell me if you have a number for the police in that part of ireland as i have reported to my police and they can not find a number for the irish local police. I want this scum bag caught i trusted her and how she can sleep at night i dont know cheers Tracey
On Thu Dec 02, 2010 04:56 PM
ballina garda i spoke to collet police women she is going to investigate you should ring with your info no is 0035316660000
On Mon Dec 06, 2010 06:20 PM
Just to reiterate the previous reply, Padraig Kelly is the police man who has taken over this case in Ballina.

Some good news is that some costumes have been recovered and he is astounded by the amount of people that have been the victim of this.

He has asked that everybody affected to send your full contact details and photographs of suits to this address;

Garda Padriag Kelly
Ballina Garda Station
Co. mayo
Ireland.

It is vital that you send this to him asap.

Some people have already sent some info to me and he has ask that I send that to him now.

So from here on in if you have not sent stuff to me please direct it straight to the address above.
By Emmamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6898, member since Mon Nov 29, 2004
On Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:24 AM
AlwaysOnStage wrote:

Edited by TheMidlakeMuse (78507) on 2010-11-29 10:48:35 You said "whales" instead of "Wales", although I don't think Irish dancers in whales would send out costumes without getting payment for them either.

I want to karma this. Just so you know.

Me too.
By Dream_chaserPremium member Comments: 25854, member since Thu Jul 26, 2001
On Tue Feb 01, 2011 07:29 AM
Why would anyone send out a product without payment in advance?
Page:
Page 2 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch