Forum: Arts / Philosophy

Philosophy
Seances?
By Piano_on_Pointemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1483, member since Fri Mar 20, 2009
On Fri Dec 03, 2010 09:15 PM

Some people believe in spirits/ghosts/demons/etc. and some don't. I'm a definite believer of the spiritual world after years of watching A Haunting on Discovery Channel and hearing stories from my grandmother, plus going to some haunted places with her.

I've had a few, er, "encounters" with spirits, but nothing major, and haven't in a couple of years. I've always wanted to do a seance with a friend, but definitely not with a Ouija board since I believe them to be portals. The lady who lived in the house before we moved in (Rosemary) died in the house, and my biggest encounter with spirits have been in my house, so I would love to do a seance in the house and hope to contact Rosemary.

Has anyone had any experiences or stories with seances? I know you need to be careful and play your cards right to keep from hitchhikers, opening a "portal," and from getting a demon.

4 Replies to Seances?

re: Seances?
By JackC Comments: 33, member since Fri Dec 10, 2010
On Fri Dec 10, 2010 09:57 PM
I believe that there is a presence of ghosts of loved ones do watch over us and interfere with our lives. Personally my Great grandmother which i knew only as a baby, seems to influence my thoughts, as I find i'm telling my mother things which I could not have possibly retained her saying, as such a small child.
By Lev_Nougol Comments: 23, member since Mon Dec 20, 2010
On Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:56 AM
I've experienced enough strange stuff that I can't discount the spiritual realm, though I have a lot of thoughts and theories rather than beliefs in it.
That said, I'm always looking to learn more.
I've not had the privilege of being present at a seance, but it's on my to-do list.
By reel_faerie85member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4130, member since Mon Mar 08, 2010
On Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:16 AM
I like to believe I am quite a spiritual person, although I also don't like ouija boards.

My personal belief is that if someone wants to contact you then they will - there isn't necessarily a need for a seance.
If you desperately want to make that person aware that you want contact from them then I personally would just take time out to sit and meditate and think about them and talk to them. Fingers crossed you will get what you want back.

Either that or go to a planned seance.
By Piano_on_Pointemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1483, member since Fri Mar 20, 2009
On Sun Jan 23, 2011 07:58 PM
reel_faerie85 wrote:

I like to believe I am quite a spiritual person, although I also don't like ouija boards.

I've always wanted to try using a Ouija board, but, honestly, I'm scared of them. They're basically a portal to spirits, and you never know if you're going to get a demon, an evil spirit, or just an angry spirit. Plus, you never know if you get it to go away either.

ReplySendWatch