Popular Highland

Canmore results August 31st? by Highland_Toes
Anyone have any results from Canmore from this past Sunday? Thanks in advance!

Forum: General / Administrative

Administrative
Blocking members en>fr fr>en
By linhPremium member Comments: 2668, member since Sun Mar 07, 1999
On Tue Jul 15, 2003 03:24 AM

You can now block a member which prevents him/her from sending you a PM. We are considering preventing blocked members from viewing your profile as well.

24 Replies to Blocking members

re: Blocking members (karma: 1)  en>fr fr>en
By glitterfairyPremium member Comments: 12093, member since Tue Oct 01, 2002
On Tue Jul 15, 2003 04:48 AM
Sorry, I'm tired, probably incoherent as well, just clear this up for me...

Is this a substitute for clicking the 'Mod' button? Isn't it better to have issues dealt with rather than ignored? For example, if a troll is sending me many hurtful pm's, should I let the mods know or just block him/her? (sorry, used a rhetorical question, but it gets you on my drift).
re: Blocking members en>fr fr>en
By alleycatmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8306, member since Mon Apr 01, 2002
On Tue Jul 15, 2003 04:55 AM
Sounds like a good feature for me. You might want to block members who didn't really do anything against the dance.net rules towards you, but simply someone you don't wish further contact with.

The poster above has a good point though. This could be "abused".
And also; will it prevent them from reading our posts/us reading theirs? Is it like an "ignore"-button? I think if we are able to ignore them, we should be able to keep them from watching our profile too.
I know for my personal matters, the perople i'd wish to ignore were people i might find to be a little too interrested in me and my personal life/looks etc, but i didn't have any hard evidence against. If they can still watch my posts, then the purpose would be gone, for my sake.
By StarBorn62member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4499, member since Wed Mar 06, 2002
On Tue Jul 15, 2003 09:48 AM
I think this is a great feature! I'd keep it to just PM's though, because the profile thing might be abused. :) Shine on!
By Dancing_Bianca Comments: 3619, member since Sat Apr 06, 2002
On Tue Jul 15, 2003 01:55 PM
Will you be able to block the mods(from sending PM's)? Lol! Not that I have an evil plan or I want to do that, but maybe people who give false information about themselves and know that someone has contacted the mods about them will block them? :D
By dancin_babe34member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2683, member since Sun Dec 08, 2002
On Tue Jul 15, 2003 03:53 PM
That's a great idea, I think it would be good for the member's protection. I, however, would prefer people not to see who I have blocked.. I dunno, it's just there would be reasons for blocking, and you might get a bit of hassle from people for blocking their friends or whatever? It may cause a snowball effect after that. I don't think you should be able to block mods, they wouldn't give you any reason to, and it would just cause trouble with people trying to block all of them etc..not good. Also, can we unblock members? What if the problem is sorted out, or you block someone by mistake? Just wanted to know.

Geez, I am opinionated today, sorry!

Thanks Linh

Nicola
By draculaslave Comments: 1538, member since Fri Sep 27, 2002
On Tue Jul 15, 2003 03:53 PM
This should save alot of trouble on all the mods PMs! I suppose we can deal with things ourselves. Smart idea!!

<B>draçulaslave</B>
By Kathymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 10636, member since Wed Mar 05, 2003
On Tue Jul 15, 2003 05:47 PM
Well, I think this is a nice idea. This way you can handle some trouble without asking the mods for help.
I don´t have anyone to put on this list, but this may change, I can never know. It´s good to have the opportunity to ignore this person.

Kathy
By AussieAsherinamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2389, member since Thu Jan 10, 2002
On Tue Jul 15, 2003 06:24 PM
While it's not going to be a feature I will ever use, I think it is a good idea. That way personal disputes that are just between two people can be stopped, and won't impact upon others when they get out of hand.
By Odessamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11223, member since Tue Feb 26, 2002
On Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:24 PM
Uh, how do you do it?
I can't see a "Block" button anywhere, unless it's in a bleedingly obvious place and I haven't looked there.
Not that I want to block anyone, I'm just wondering where the button is.

Erin.
::righteous babe::
By yuliag Comments: 866, member since Thu Oct 24, 2002
On Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:59 PM
Hm, ok, whom should I block first...? Just kidding. :)
But yeah, I think this is at least worth to try, if it might help solve some issues. This website is going to be super-complicated some day!
By divadancer2 Comments: 0, member since Sat Nov 09, 2002
On Thu Jul 17, 2003 08:00 AM
Great feature!!
But i wudnt like other pple to see who i have blocked!
i think you shud make it a private thing for just yourself to c!
just an idea hehe, :D

lv d X :D
On Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:29 AM
This is not a substitute for the Mod button. It is useful in cases where you simply do not want any PMs from someone who hasn't violated the rules.

You can block members by viewing their profile and clicking on the "Block " link.

Now, only you or a moderator can view your block list.

Thanks for the feedback!
On Fri Jul 18, 2003 05:03 AM
cool!!!
How do the blocked pple kno they av been blocked???
Will it say something when they go to pm U? :D
:D d x
On Fri Jul 18, 2003 05:31 AM
When they try to PM you, the system will tell them they are blocked and cannot send a PM to you.
By dancin_babe34member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2683, member since Sun Dec 08, 2002
On Fri Jul 18, 2003 04:14 PM
Ok, thank you Linh!!
By DancinMonkeymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1037, member since Sat May 24, 2003
On Fri Jul 18, 2003 10:16 PM
Well I wont use it but
thanks
Katie
On Sun Jul 20, 2003 05:39 AM
Hi LINH, thanx for the info! :D

xxx D xxx
By Arakmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 18113, member since Sun Aug 13, 2000
On Fri Jul 25, 2003 01:51 PM
Will there be a way to unblock members later?
By Nicci_member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1665, member since Fri Mar 28, 2003
On Thu Jul 31, 2003 04:52 AM
Sorry to bring this up again(the thread I mean) but my friend said she was looking at mine and an other friends profiles and she accidently blocked mine, is it possible for her to unblock me?
By Supportermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 14833, member since Wed Nov 20, 2002
On Wed Sep 03, 2003 09:54 AM
Hi Linh

I think this is a valuable feature
to have use of if needed...

Thanks for all the info that you
have provided us all with regarding
the blocking system!

Love,
Kelly xxx doll face2
By DiamondDi Comments: 3366, member since Wed Nov 20, 2002
On Sat Sep 06, 2003 05:36 PM
This is a gr8 new feature as
some ppl send rude PM's

xxxx
By DiamondDi Comments: 3366, member since Wed Nov 20, 2002
On Wed Sep 10, 2003 06:59 PM
That sounds like such a good
idea, thank you

xxxx
By twinklepointemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4388, member since Tue Feb 19, 2002
On Thu Sep 18, 2003 12:23 PM
It sounds a great feature !
Thanks Linh
xx
By Helenmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6304, member since Tue Dec 03, 2002
On Tue Oct 21, 2003 09:00 AM
That sounds like a gr8 feature
Fabby news.

Luv Helen xxx

ReplySendWatch