Forum: Irish / Irish - Achievements

I'm in Prelim!
By celticfeetmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Dec 07, 2010 05:08 PM

For anyone who has been following my diary, you know that I had all of my prizewinner firsts except for my slip jig. Well, the ECR has a new rule coming into effect in January that as long as you have a first in a hardshoe dance and a first in a softshoe dance, you qualify for prelim. And I've even exceeded that, so I'm SO happy! :)

I have a TON of work to do in learning new steps and perfecting my technique, but one of my goals when I started Irish dance was to make it to prelim. To start Irish dance at 16, not go to many feis a year, and make it to prelim at 23...I'm very proud!!

I have battled a lot to get to this point, including losing my Dad suddenly when I was 18, multiple acute and chronic injuries, fatigue, eye surgeries, and low self-confidence. So although it's taken a while, and although I wonder how I am going to prepare myself for prelim when I am SO exhausted from still grieving the loss of a parent... I am just so thrilled to be here.

Just thought I'd share my excitement!! :) If anyone wants to help, I have a post on the "Champs" forum asking people to share their first prelim experiences, and also a post on the "Technique" board asking for people's practice schedules. Any help or advice would be welcomed! Including training for a feis while battling fatigue and exhaustion. Thanks DDN!!

8 Replies to I'm in Prelim!

re: I'm in Prelim!
By Finnegan
On Tue Dec 07, 2010 05:16 PM
How wonderful... you should be so proud of yourself.
Way to go!!
By lorna_doonemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Dec 07, 2010 06:20 PM
Woohoo!!! GREAT job!!! :) So happy for you, you must be on cloud 9 right now :D
keep up the great work, and keep dancing, no matter what! :)
By RAID_Babemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:16 PM
What a fantastic and brilliant achievement! Congrats you so deserve it. And good luck with your future Feiseanna :)
By AussieLauramember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Dec 08, 2010 01:41 AM
Congratulations!! Moving up is a great feeling! Well done!!
By RinceorNosretep
On Wed Dec 08, 2010 07:59 AM
Aah you are now officially my inspiration! =) I am currently 23, started dance at 19 but with probably equivalent to two and a half years break if you add up the full year and random months I couldn't pay for class. I've yet to make it to any feiseanna, but hoping and praying that I'll be able to start in February, at a feis that happens to be very close to my 24th birthday.
My ultimate goal is to make it to open championships and dance in a parade of champions.

Congradulations on making it to prelim! I'm in the Western US region so I probably won't meet you unless we see each other at NANs sometime in the future :D but I'll say it anyway: see you in open champs someday!
By Louisemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Dec 08, 2010 09:14 AM
Oh I'm so pleased for you, you've always worked so hard even when our paths first crossed five or six years ago so there can't be anyone who deserves to achieve their goal more than you!

Now that you've achieved one of your goals take a little while to enjoy it before you start setting your next one - get that first prelim feis out of the way, enjoy the whole experience, and then start plotting your path to open!

WELL DONE!!!
By celticfeetmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:11 AM
Thanks everyone; I'm definitely thrilled, and it's still sinking in that I've finally made it! :) RinceorNosretep...good luck in achieving all your goals; I'm glad I can encourage you! And Louise, sometimes I find it hard to believe I am that same person when we first met on DDN. I will try to just relax for my first prelim feis, and then begin working. Opens seems a bit far to dream at this point, but who knows! :) For now, I'm just enjoying the ride, and am going to try to practice when I have the time and energy!!
By Tansey
On Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:40 AM
Congratulations! My dd and I think Prelim is the most fun of all the levels! Your hard work is paying off now!

ReplySendWatch