Forum: Advice / Girls & Guys PG-13

Chlamydia
By Kellithmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Dec 07, 2010 08:53 PM

My boyfriend and I have been dating for a few months and things have been going great. I lost my virginity to him about a month ago and before me he has only had one other partner.

I went to the Gyno for the first time this past week to get a check up-make sure I'm healthy, and to get a prescription for birth control not only for actual birth control but also to help regulate my period. While I was there, since I'm under 25 years of age, she also tested me for Chlamydia/Gonorrhea. I got my test results back this afternoon and while I tested negative for Gonorrhea I tested positive for Chlamydia.

I have only had sex with my boyfriend once and we used protection. What I'm confused about is he doesn't have it nor does his previous partner. I'm going back to the doctor tomorrow so maybe it's a mistake, but does anybody have any ideas how I could have gotten this? I highly doubt he's lying to me; maybe he has it and just doesn't know it?

Thanks in advance for any ideas or opinions =]

5 Replies to Chlamydia

re: Chlamydia
By SiyoNqobamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Dec 07, 2010 09:51 PM
Edited by SiyoNqoba (34789) on 2010-12-07 21:54:15
I'm really sorry. That sucks.

Has he been tested? From what I know of chlamydia, it isn't always something you know you have. So if he's never been tested, and is just saying "But I'm sure I don't have it," it's entirely possible he does have it, just doesn't know it yet.

It's great that you found out so early, so it can be treated relatively easily. For future reference, it's a good idea to both get tested before having sex :)
By DefyingGravityPremium member
On Wed Dec 08, 2010 01:44 AM
Have him get tested now. Chlamydia doesn't have another mode of transportation other than sex. If you have it and have only had sex with one person, that one person gave it to you.
By Dancing_B
On Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:04 AM
Definitely talk to your doctor about it, but slightly off track... My friend was told she had Chlamydia- In her eye! She is married with children and both her and her partner were clean so it must be easy to contract in other ways! It needs certain conditions to survive though. Good news is that it's easy to treat! Goodluck!
By Spiorad
On Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:24 AM
^Yeah I had a friend who got it in her eye but her and her husband are clean. The best thing they can think of is that she touched something right after someone who had chlamydia did (after they had touched either gone to the bathroom and not washed their hands or something) or shaken hands with someone who had an active strain on their hand, then touched her eye.

Kind of like how pink eye can be passed around. It looked really nasty though. I felt so bad for her.

Yeah OP make sure you have your BF get tested. I don't think males have many symptoms but I could be wrong about that.
By Kellithmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Dec 11, 2010 08:04 PM
My boyfriend got his test results back today and he tested negative. That's great for him but this leaves me so confused! He's the only one I've ever been sexually active with so we think the test may have been wrong, because there is a 3% rate of error with those tests but who knows.

I took my antibiotics about a week ago so if I do have the infection it should be almost cleared up. He also took the antibiotics just in case (before he got his results back) so I'm just hoping another scare like this doesn't happen again!

ReplySendWatch