Forum: Advice / Guys Only PG-13

Guys Only PG-13
Relieving one's self in dancewear
By Sprinterboi Comments: 2, member since Thu Dec 16, 2010
On Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:24 PM
Edited by Sprinterboi (229126) on 2010-12-16 12:45:31 Just corrected a minor typo.

I am a young adult who, at my girlfriend's suggestion, has signed up for ballet classes to start after the new year. I ordered appropriate dancewear, per the studio's instructions, and got, among other things, a dance belt, a white leotard, black tights, suspenders, and some white leather shoes that fit me well. I have tried them on only in the privacy of my own home and am a little embarrassed to be seen in public in them, but will give it a try when the time comes. I do have one question for those who have been wearing such attire for some time and I will try to put it as politely as I can: How does one relieve himself if the need arises while wearing such attire? For Number 1, it seems I have the options of dropping the tights and stretching the leotard and dance belt to, with some pain, get my equipment out; or unfastening the suspenders and dropping the tights, leotard, and dancebelt all to my knees. For Number 2, I see no alternative to unfastening the suspenders and dropping the tights, leotard, and dancebelt all to my knees. How do other guys handle this?

10 Replies to Relieving one's self in dancewear

re: Relieving one's self in dancewear
By Chaconnemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6359, member since Thu Jul 12, 2007
On Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:34 PM
^From what I have observed as at the ballet company I play for (in the orchestra) the male musicians and the dancers share the school bathroom, they drop the tights and stretch the leotard and dance belt too, and with some pain, get the equipment out; or unfasten the suspenders and drop the tights, leotard, and dancebelt all to their knees.

Jon
By luv2plie Comments: 1904, member since Wed Jul 16, 2003
On Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:02 PM
Hi:

How old are you and are you excited in starting ballet in the New Year? How many ballet classes are you planning on taking?? Can you wear a white shirt and black tights instead of a leotard? That is what most guys wear for ballet classes. Also please do not forget the Dance belt.

Have you told your friends about taking ballet?

Keep us posted on your ballet classes!

Good luck and have fun

Kev
By Sprinterboi Comments: 2, member since Thu Dec 16, 2010
On Wed Dec 22, 2010 03:44 PM
Kev,

I just turned 22 a couple of weeks ago. For my birthday, my girlfriend got me an eight-week beginners ballet class at the studio where she has been learning ballet for many years. She also got me a copy of their regulations for attire and, although they are quite flexible, the leotard is what they recommend most highly. I don't really expect to be a great ballet dancer, but I figured I would take the eight-week class seriously, try to abide by their rules, and learn what I can in the process.

As you may have guessed from my nickname, I am much more comfortable on the track than in a dance studio, but we can all still learn.
By Doctor_Dancebelt Comments: 51, member since Sun Apr 25, 2010
On Thu Dec 23, 2010 05:56 AM
Sprinterboi wrote:

She also got me a copy of their regulations for attire and, although they are quite flexible, the leotard is what they recommend most highly.

If you wear a leotard, you'll have almost totally undress to use the bathroom. No matter what a dress code says, guys hardly ever wear one. A plain white T-shirt costs less, is fully accepted as classic ballet attire, and offers more options to access the equipment.
By guyclone Comments: 253, member since Wed Dec 28, 2005
On Fri Jan 07, 2011 09:24 AM
well sounds like he's already got the leotard, so hey, wear it!
I would wear all your stuff at home for a couple days, to get used to it and break in the shoes and stuff.
Don't worry about the bathroom. If you need to go, you'll whip that leotard off pretty quickly!
It IS more of a hassle than just unzipping your jeans, but its not like it takes 20 minutes either. You'll be fine!
By balletnutter Comments: 84, member since Mon Sep 11, 2006
On Tue Jan 18, 2011 06:06 AM
just make sure you go before you put all your gear on and you should be able to manage it.
By balletkml Comments: 193, member since Wed Oct 06, 2004
On Mon Jan 24, 2011 01:10 AM
If you eat at regular times and have no health problems, make it a habit to To to toilet before you wash your hands, face and brush your teeth and shower, I also clean myself with an enema once every 3 days.
Go to toilet to relieve yourself before putting on dance clothes. You shouldn't need to go to again even if you drink some water as you will sweating during class anyway.
By balletkml Comments: 193, member since Wed Oct 06, 2004
On Mon Jan 24, 2011 02:19 AM
If you eat at regular times and have no health problems, make it a habit to To to toilet before you wash your hands, face and brush your teeth and shower, I also clean myself with an enema once every 3 days.
Go to toilet to relieve yourself before putting on dance clothes. You shouldn't need to go to again even if you drink some water as you will sweating during class anyway.
By Craig_Worrall10 Comments: 8, member since Mon Oct 11, 2010
On Thu Feb 10, 2011 02:57 AM
When I used to take ballet at university I used to have to wear full atire for assessments. However for normally weekly classes men were allowed to wear a dance belt, tights, ballet shoes and then just a vest or a t-shirt. Therefore it was easier to relieve yourself and go to the bathroom quickly and effectively. I used to make sure I went to the toilet before participating in class and found that I didnt need to go to the toilet whilst in class.
By danseuretoile Comments: 127, member since Mon Mar 26, 2007
On Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:25 AM
make sure you go to the toilets first otherwise it takes a long time

ReplySendWatch