Forum: Arts / Photography - Artistic

Photography - Artistic
My latest photography attempts
By on_pointemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 70, member since Wed Apr 07, 2004
On Thu Dec 30, 2010 01:46 PM

Hello everybody,

I just started with photography, took a walk around my city and tried out my father's camera. Here are some of the results.

I would love some critic, opinions, advices, tips, etc. so I can become better with time :)

Thanks a lot!!!

2 Replies to My latest photography attempts

re: My latest photography attempts
By Chaconnemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6359, member since Thu Jul 12, 2007
On Fri Dec 31, 2010 02:08 PM
You seem to have a pretty good eye for composition. Whether on purpose or by intuition you have put the interesting stuff in the better places (Google "Rule of Thirds" for a discussion of this basic compositional tool.) I also like in the third photo that you sought out some color elements to add interest...that is another compositional device.

I do find the sunset a bit underwhelming, but having judged dozens of photo compositions most with submitted sunset photos among them, I've really found only 2-3 worthy of a 2nd look. I've taken 100's of them myself and only 2 really grabbed me.

I might suggest a bit of reading to gain some appreciation for some of the technical aspects of photography. There are a number on on-line basic photo "courses" or discussions. A good book I've found is "Digital Photography for Teens" which goes into a bit of technique but not enough to be overwhelming, some discussions of what to take and how to take it (both personal and artistic.)

Now get Dad's camera again and take some more to show us.

Jon (former pro photographer, now retired.)
re: My latest photography attempts
By fayeex Comments: 2286, member since Thu Mar 04, 2010
On Fri Dec 31, 2010 02:29 PM
fab photos :) x

ReplySendWatch