Poll: Arts / Debates

Page:
Page 10 of 10: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Comment #9573883 deleted
Removed by CienPorCientoPAZ (147923) on 2011-05-21 16:11:02 Not worth it

re: Are you against owning a gun or for owning a gun.
By hylndlasmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat May 21, 2011 05:03 PM
Edited by hylndlas (107168) on 2011-05-21 17:05:08 .
CienPorCientoPAZ wrote:

I think part of what makes this a difficult issue is that a lot of pro-gun people don't stop to think about how THEIR gun use affects OTHER people--yes, you have the right to carry a gun, but everyone around you also has the right to feel safe in their own community.

I've just...never been able to understand the idea that people are safer when there are more guns around--that equation makes no sense.

How does it not make sense? Lets look at it this way....if you were a person out to mug someone wouldn't you think twice about it if you knew you were in an area where someone could CC? People are less likely to mess with you if you are in a state where people can conceal carry BECAUSE they DON'T know if that person is CARRYING. People with CCW just don't go shooting up people for no reason....it's usually because they themselves have been threatened or attacked and I'm willing to bet most times they don't even have to fire a shot espically if it's some petty theif because they run off scared! The people YOU need to worry about are the people who own and carry ILLEGAL guns.

I completely understand what damage a gun can do....I was in the military and I've TREATED Gun shot wounds. Believe me I Understand.....that's part of the reason I only *would* carry if I knew I was going into a bad area and I felt threatened. Part of the reason people carry is too feel safe! Muggings are HIGH in some parts of this country.

In my state you are only allowed a CCW if you have ALREADY been a victim of a violent crime. By that point what good does it do you? Baltimore is the MURDER capital of the USA. It's like that BECAUSE people own and carry ILLEGALLY here.
Page:
Page 10 of 10: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

ReplySendWatch