Forum: Irish / Irish - Achievements

Got my first plaque! (karma: 1)
By Kirvin3member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jan 03, 2011 01:39 PM

I'm in Open/PW in adults and danced at the Pittsburgh Winter Feis on New Year's Day. I swept the competitions - all 1st's (did all but the treble reel - they didn't have that for adults)! They don't have a true "Open/PW" category for adults (it was beginners and intermediate) but I explained the situation and I asked, and I recieved a plaque in place of one of my medals! Whoopie! Yeah, I need to put the modesty disclaimer in here, I only had one other actual competitor - but still, I'm psyched!

6 Replies to Got my first plaque!

re: Got my first plaque!
By reel_faerie85member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Jan 03, 2011 01:51 PM
Congratulations. Have you thought about dropping down?
By Kirvin3member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jan 03, 2011 02:23 PM
I have thought about dropping down, but I want to get to the point where I get 1st or 2nd place finishes with 6 or 7 competitors - I'm not quite there yet. Plus, I do the Oireachtas with an adult team, so I'd lose that. I still hope to eventually, but I also need to practice a LOT more than I do now!Class and my private lesson ARE my practice more often than not.
By celticfeetmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jan 03, 2011 03:01 PM
Congratulations!! That is so awesome!! You need to post a picture of your winnings! :) I've never heard of getting a plaque, but that would be a wonderful addition to a medal/trohpy/crystal collection!
By IrishHollymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Jan 03, 2011 03:13 PM
I keep reading your post as "Got my first plague!" I'm so happy that you got a plaque instead. That's much more fun. :)
Congratulations!
By RAID_Babemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Jan 03, 2011 03:16 PM
Awesome work Kirvin3! Can we see some photos of the plaque? And well done with all your first placings, sounds like you had a brilliant day!
By irishmamamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Jan 04, 2011 06:53 AM
Huge Congrats to you! Sounds like you had a brilliant day. And as for only one competitor, remember,you don't get to choose how many or who dances against you. You just did your best and you should be proud as a peacock!

ReplySendWatch