Forum: General / Success Stories

Success Stories
A Little Story of Mine.. (karma: 1)
By fayeex Comments: 2286, member since Thu Mar 04, 2010
On Mon Jan 03, 2011 03:24 PM
Edited by Chaconne (182529) on 2011-01-09 18:21:45 Edited the piece for conventional capitalization. DDN requires the use of conventional English rules (or another language's rules.) Your posting was very hard to read.
Edited by Chaconne (182529) on 2011-01-09 18:23:48 The same rules apply to titles where every significant word should also be capitalized. (But only in titles.)

Hi

From the age of 2-15 I danced tap, modern, ballet, national, character, acrobatics and lots more!

I loved tap and modern and always done great in them.
In 2004 when I was 9 years old I went to the British Championships to compete in modern tap and ballet. By the end of the weekend I went home with the semi final in ballet, 5th place in modern and the over all junior British tap champion!!

When I turned 10 I was old enough to enter a modern scholarship for the first time and the places were 1st:£200 2nd:£100 and most promising: a big trophy. Everyone else went home with nothing. I was so happy to come home with most promising and was looking forward to going back the year after :)

Next year when I was 11 I was old enough to enter the tap scholarship and decided not to do the modern one as I had really gone off it. Dancing against so many people ages 11 - 16 my first ever time I came first winning £200 and a chance to dance against all the other winners all over the world for even more money !!

As well as the £200, I got another £100 to go towards accomodation and travel to Blackpool for the final, at the final only 1st place got money then there was a runner up who got a trophy and after dancing in front of seven judges I managed to come a fab runner up :)

So pleased with myself I still have a passion for tap even after leaving last year :\

Hope you like my story; thanks for reading

Faye x

2 Replies to A Little Story of Mine..

re: a little story of mine..
By carlastar96xx Comments: 3781, member since Sat Dec 25, 2010
On Tue Jan 04, 2011 08:38 AM
Hi faye :)
What a great inspiration you are to the world of dance :) and still at a young age.What great goals you have reached.I loved reading this and it made we wish that i had got my daughter to start dancing sooner. :( .Hope you keep dancing for a long time to come,and maybe 1 day my daughter and i might meet you at a comp.
Happy Dancing Faye and best wishes :)
Karen and Carla xx
re: a little story of mine..
By freestyle_mam Comments: 129, member since Wed Aug 04, 2010
On Sun Jan 09, 2011 02:55 PM
great story!
sounds like youv done fab :)
jo xxxx

ReplySendWatch