Forum: General / Administrative

Page:
Page 1 of 21 2
Administrative
About Arecibo (karma: 4)
By linhPremium member Comments: 2688, member since Sun Mar 07, 1999
On Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:15 AM

Some of you may remember Arecibo who has had a very long and colorful history with dance.net. As you may recall, she was permanently banned after various outbursts and behavioral issues. Some would say she'd had all the chances in the world--that the moderators have bent over backwards to give her every chance to redeem herself. I'd be inclined to agree. However, time has passed, and she has expressed sincere regret and would like to rejoin our community. While personal loss is no excuse for bad behavior, it may at least help us understand why she went astray. I'm a big believer in second chances, even after a permanent ban. So I would like to offer her that chance with the hopes that we can put the past behind us and continue to be a supportive community. We all make mistakes, it's what we do afterward that truly defines us. She will have to work hard to regain trust from the community and the moderators, but I have faith she will. Note that the moderators have personally instructed her on the ground rules going forward, so I won't rehash them publicly. Linh

31 Replies to About Arecibo

re: About Arecibo
By Nyssasisticmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3643, member since Sat Sep 20, 2003
On Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:25 AM
*like*

Rules are rules, but I feel like she also contributed to the community and made more of a positive impact than a negative one. I look forward to seeing her back on the boards :)
By d4jmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12490, member since Fri Aug 27, 2004
On Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:26 AM
{hugs linh}
By YumYumDoughnutPremium member Comments: 8688, member since Sat Jul 10, 2004
On Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:31 AM
DDN needs to have like buttons. ANDRRRRREEEW!!!
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11592, member since Thu Dec 16, 2004
On Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:34 AM
YAY!! I've missed ED! Although I really wish you WOULD rehash her new ground rules. But only because I'm bored at the moment, and I could use some dramz. Oh well. Welcome back Pookie!!

We all make mistakes, it's what we do afterward that truly defines us.
Quoted for truth. That's why I always try to lie about the mistake and cover it up so no one ever finds out. And if possible, blame it on someone else. Or just fall down and pretend to have a seizure. It works every time. OK, not every time. 90% of the time. OK, it works at least 15% of the time, but it's always fun to make a scene. Wait, what were we talking about again?
By Brittanymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 15182, member since Thu Aug 22, 2002
On Wed Jan 05, 2011 07:30 AM
YAYYYY !!!!! Excited to the max about this one. I had a feeling Liz's DDN run wasn't completely over.
By Sumayah Comments: 6875, member since Wed Nov 12, 2008
On Wed Jan 05, 2011 07:55 AM
Welcome back! I look forward to seeing some fabulous, positive contributions from you. :D
By ConUnaSonrisamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2520, member since Mon May 21, 2007
On Wed Jan 05, 2011 08:33 AM
Man, so that probably means she's going to take back her place as THE Elizabeth. *pouts*

Jk :D
By Heartmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 15032, member since Thu Feb 14, 2002
On Wed Jan 05, 2011 09:20 AM
Awwww, that's so sweet. Welcome back, Liz!
By kandykanePremium member Comments: 16415, member since Mon May 01, 2006
On Wed Jan 05, 2011 09:50 AM
Oh, I'm so happy!! I fully support this decision. Yay Arecibo! And welcome back! :D

kk~
By Kathymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 10712, member since Wed Mar 05, 2003
On Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:18 PM
Nice. :)

I missed her as well.
By Arakmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 18126, member since Sun Aug 13, 2000
On Thu Jan 06, 2011 07:07 AM
That's great! I kinda missed Liz around here. :)
By Louisemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 17315, member since Thu Jun 06, 2002
On Thu Jan 06, 2011 09:24 AM
So where is she then? I'da thought she'da posted by now.
By ChristinePremium member Comments: 6815, member since Wed Feb 04, 2009
On Thu Jan 06, 2011 09:36 PM
panic wrote:

It works every time. OK, not every time. 90% of the time. OK, it works at least 15% of the time, but it's always fun to make a scene. Wait, what were we talking about again?

I think one of the things that makes Panic so attractive to us is the way he embraces his feminine side. He's so cute when he gets confused doing math.

Hugs to you, doll.

Keep On Dancing*

ps I hope he's not faking it.

Comment #9390668 deleted
Removed by Sumayah (204191) on 2011-01-06 21:43:39 double post :D

By tumblebugPremium member Comments: 10100, member since Fri Mar 29, 2002
On Sat Jan 08, 2011 07:15 PM
I was seriously scared to open this because I thought you were going say she died.

I'm so glad it's good news!!!

Much love to the Linh-Master!!!
By Celebrianmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7921, member since Thu Mar 31, 2005
On Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:56 PM
I was just praying for good news when I opened this and GOT IT! Yes!
By Cadbury_Eatermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7575, member since Sat Jan 04, 2003
On Mon Jan 10, 2011 07:53 AM
I was only thinking yesterday how I missed her around the boards!

Liz, you helped me love anime and help foster my interest with Japan (being lucky enough to go there in 2009 too, I may add :D). Good to have you back! O kaeri nasai!
By Deus_Ex_Machinamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3917, member since Tue May 13, 2003
On Sun Jan 16, 2011 09:24 AM
Hey guys! Its good to be back! Sorry i didnt reply to this right away, tore a tendon in my right arm and ive pretty much been banned from doing ANYTHING with it (i had to sneak away to use the computer...lol)
I appreciate all the mods who had my back and thankfully knew me well enough to believe i deserved a second chance and im eternally grateful to Linh for weighing the pros and cons of allowing me back and decided the pros out weighed the cons. Many many dark chocolate with vanilla mint frosting cupcakes for you all!!

I also apologize to all of those that i may have, undeservingly, tormented over the years. Im a passionate leo and my mouth gets the better of me a lot of the time.

For those members out there who are reading this thread that dont agree with the unlifting of my ban, i'd like you to know that ive found more effective ways to debate rather than lashing out and attacking. I was given this second chance and i dont plan to ruin it. I WILL check myself before i wreck myself.
Silver tongue Liz has become lawyer Liz, so for those that are worried about my past behavior, please know that the unlifting of my ban did come with a plethora of conditions. No more attacking will be done.

Again, thank you all for the second chance and thank you all for the kind comments! Its a new start for Liz and with that new start, i think a new user name is in order. As soon as i an able, ill be buying a name change and Arecibo will become Deus_Ex_Machina. (that is, unless someone wants to get me welcome back present and change my name for me!! Teehee!)

I love you all! <3
By Deus_Ex_Machinamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3917, member since Tue May 13, 2003
On Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:24 AM
Name change, woot woot!! Thanks momintrude!!!

Arecibo is now Deus Ex Machina! (for those who dont know, its latin for God from the Machine. Yeah yeah, we all know that i have a small god complex...color you shocked, huh? =P )
By Elfiemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4193, member since Thu May 01, 2003
On Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:26 AM
I'm so glad to have you back dear! The new name suits you.
By reel_faerie85member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4130, member since Mon Mar 08, 2010
On Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:20 PM
Welcome back!

Big thumbs up to DDN for this
By Kathymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 10712, member since Wed Mar 05, 2003
On Sun Jan 16, 2011 01:23 PM
It is nice to have you back. :)
By moomintrudemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2579, member since Mon Mar 10, 2003
On Sun Jan 16, 2011 02:35 PM
It definitely suits you! Very goo to have you back around DDN.

MOOM
By Munkensteinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 14381, member since Mon Aug 11, 2003
On Sun Jan 16, 2011 07:09 PM
Lizzzzzzz, hi! It's been forever! Glad you're back! :)
Page:
Page 1 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch