Forum: Irish / Irish - Achievements

So happy i want to cry!
By CelticPiksymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Jan 05, 2011 09:00 AM

It's only a small thing but i'm so happy about it!
Well my Jean Butler Masterclass DVD finally arrived yesterday after being dispatched over a week ago! so I watched it and really wanted to dance!
So I took my hardly worn soft shoes to school with me today to find out that only the staff and sixth form (which I am in) were in school today, so I had the entire dance studio, to myself, for as long as I wanted!!!
So today, my achievement is, that I danced a whole dance, in shoes, for the first time, in over 6 months :D

10 Replies to So happy i want to cry!

re: So happy i want to cry!
By RinceorNosretep
On Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:15 AM
Aww that's great! I love Jean Butler's masterclass, it's good stuff. And if there were any witnesses to your dancing, I'm sure they would have seen a person full of joy and passion for the dance. :) Keep it up, it can only get better.
On Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:28 AM
Edited by CelticPiksy (225567) on 2011-01-05 10:31:47 couldn't be bothered to add a new post?
I must admit that I'm not very confident with my dancing, so i closed all the blackout curtains across the doors and windows :/

EDIT: However it is my new year's resolution to get back to a professional level from the failure I am at the moment! so I'm planning on finding out when the studio is normally free and if it coincides with my free periods then I will be in there and the curtains will gradually open!
By reel_faerie85member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Jan 05, 2011 03:13 PM
congratulations. I remember when I first stepped back into a class after 10 years out I was so happy I was nearly crying and I cried at my 1st feis back I was just so over taken with emotion.
By RAID_Babemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Jan 05, 2011 03:52 PM
Well done! Just keep going, keep practicing, let nothing hold you back and there's no reason why you can't make it :)
On Wed Jan 05, 2011 04:12 PM
thanks girls! I think I am actually going to cry now :')
By boleyngrrl
On Wed Jan 05, 2011 04:38 PM
That is spectacular!!!!!!! Congratulations! What luck that you had the studio all to yourself, too! That is really, really great!!!! Keep it up!!! :D
By ID_Addict
On Thu Jan 06, 2011 06:15 AM
Congrats! It's so awesome when something inspires you to get up and dance again after such a long time.
keep up the work and I'm sure you'll get wherever you want to go.
:)
On Thu Jan 06, 2011 01:08 PM
and there's even more good news! my teacher is starting to walk around again now after her operation and is taking it slowly but can't wait to get dancing again! also she's going to start trying to write a new show for us! :)

I must also admit you guys are my main inspiration, making me want to get up and dance, so I really must thank you all yet again :D
By Realtreble
On Thu Jan 06, 2011 02:48 PM
CelticPiksy wrote:

it is my new year's resolution to get back to a professional level from the failure I am at the moment! so I'm planning on finding out when the studio is normally free and if it coincides with my free periods then I will be in there and the curtains will gradually open!

Anyone who has the character and will to get back to dance and work on her own goals is never to use the term "failure" about herself in any context!

Congratulations and good luck!
By ladydancermom
On Thu Jan 06, 2011 03:30 PM
Fabulous! Keep up the hard work! Nothing is worth anything if it isn't born of hard work, sweat, and perseverance. Happy New Years! Cheers!!!

ReplySendWatch