Poll: Arts / Debates

Page:
Page 5 of 5: 1 2 3 4 5
re: Why are women bad at math?
By mcardles
On Mon May 02, 2011 01:06 PM
does anyone else find this post incredibly sexist? I currently have an A in Geometery while most guys in my grade are currently taking algebra 1. i know a lot of women who are amazing in math and i think generalizations like this are downright pathetic.
By Cienmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon May 02, 2011 01:58 PM
Uh...yes, many, many people in the previous 4 pages of this thread also find this post incredibly sexist. Don't forget to read before you post.
By CheesePlusCakemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed May 04, 2011 12:12 PM
It's odd because I'd assume women would have to be good at math. We have to know fractions to figure out how to switch up recipes. We need to balance the budget. We need to count how many children we have. Maybe some physics to figure out just how badly little Timmy is going to be injured if he goes down that hill at 30mph on his bike and hits the log at the bottom. We need to know probability...what's the probability that I'm going to have to drive my drunk friends home, for example. Percentages- that guy's muscles are are 24% bigger than the other one's, yet his shirt is 50% smaller. See, women do have to be good at math.
By CaitDestinymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed May 04, 2011 06:18 PM
As my math teacher says, "Math is not about the problem, but the thinking process."

So taking that, I guess all of us women don't have the ability to handle these types of things meant for men...but then again. WOMEN ROCK at so many more things then men :P
Page:
Page 5 of 5: 1 2 3 4 5

ReplySendWatch