Forum: Advice / Guys Only

Guys Only
Will ballet give me a nice bottom?
By Addylicious32 Comments: 1, member since Sun Jan 09, 2011
On Sun Jan 09, 2011 04:06 PM

I'm 15 (male) - and I'm just starting to dance. I'm taking jazz & ballet, each class once a week, because that's all my family can afford. For my first class I wore sweatpants, but I know that I should wear tights so my teacher can see my muscles and make sure I'm doing everything right. That's fine with me - except I'm really self conscience about my butt. It's not very strong (i'm scrawny) and I don't fill up my pants at all (around my booootaaay), so I was just wondering, ballet works your butt right?

Maybe it's a stupid question, but I'm just really nervous about starting so late, and I want to be really good.

Thanks everyone for your help. xoxox.

6 Replies to Will ballet give me a nice bottom?

re: Will ballet give me a nice bottom?
By luv2plie Comments: 1904, member since Wed Jul 16, 2003
On Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:17 AM
After a while ...yes ballet will make your butt look more like a bubble! Hard to explain.

So what got you into ballet classes? Do you like it?? DO you like jazz or ballet more?

Keep us posted

Kev
By guyclone Comments: 253, member since Wed Dec 28, 2005
On Sun Jan 16, 2011 01:35 PM
hey, sweatpants aren't great, but instead of tights, why not wear gym shorts. They'll show your legs so your teacher can make corrections for you. And you don't have to feel self conscious about your butt cause gym shorts really aren't form fitting or anything. Then as you firm up and feel better, you can transition into tights.
By balletkml Comments: 193, member since Wed Oct 06, 2004
On Fri Jan 28, 2011 01:28 AM
Try rolling up your tights with an elastic band around your waist, the tights eats into your buttocks so you don't have a unibutt look.
Keep on dancing and exercise at home too instead of just in class, in time you will find you are in so better a shape with your whole body instead of just your gluts.
By tapdog Comments: 8, member since Wed Jan 19, 2011
On Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:43 PM
try to wear something like skins, they are a bit like tights, but, it will make your bum look a little more round
By danseuretoile Comments: 127, member since Mon Mar 26, 2007
On Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:20 AM
yes ballet will make your bottom firm and beautiful
By damihavnicelegz Comments: 187, member since Mon Mar 04, 2002
On Tue Mar 22, 2011 09:30 PM
Ballet will give you alot more than a firm butt, it will also give you strong legs, perfect posture, and poise. And don't forget many girlfriends.

ReplySendWatch