Popular Owners

1st Year Enrollment by danceislife4
I will be opening my studio this fall in a small town of about 4,500 people. There are no studios in...

Forum: Irish / Irish - Feiseanna

Irish - Feiseanna
Feiseanna in Ireland in June/July? en>fr fr>en
By ID_Addict Comments: 1173, member since Tue Dec 15, 2009
On Tue Jan 11, 2011 03:25 AM

We've just started brainstorming ideas for our family holiday that we usually take in June/July every year. It looks like Ireland might be a possibility, although nothing is by any means final yet.

So of course I brilliant idea popped into my head at the mention of Ireland: I was wondering if I could do a feis somewhere in Ireland while I'm there on holiday. This all depends on how soon I'm properly back into dancing of course (I'm just coming off an injury at the moment).

I have no idea where to find a feis schedule or anything of the sort for Ireland, so I was wondering if anyone could help me or tell me what feiseanna there are in June/July in Ireland. At this point, it doesn't matter where in Ireland as nothing is planned yet, so I could be anywhere.

Also, I'm a CLRG dancer.

7 Replies to Feiseanna in Ireland in June/July?

re: Feiseanna in Ireland in June/July? en>fr fr>en
By Reelnut Comments: 310, member since Mon May 11, 2009
On Fri Jan 21, 2011 06:41 AM
You can find details of CLRG feisanna in Ireland on clrg.ie and also on instepfm.com
By mydayjob Comments: 38, member since Tue Sep 28, 2010
On Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:47 PM
DId you find any??
By sarahbalera Comments: 861, member since Wed Feb 11, 2009
On Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:51 AM
The info on the CLRG website doesn't go as far as the summer. It might be possible to e-mail CLRG and ask them what feiseanna are on during that time. Traditionally, the summer is the slowest time of the year in Ireland for feiseanna.

Another source of information might be each regions own websites:
Leinster - www.leinsterdancing.com
Munster - www.munsterdancing.com
Connaught - www.connacht-feiseanna.blogspot.com (don't think it's an official page but the info seems up to date)
I can't find a website for Ulster, does anyone know if they have a website?

Hope this helps you a bit,

Sarah
By irishgirl09 Comments: 55, member since Mon Aug 31, 2009
On Fri Apr 01, 2011 06:17 AM
wida is holding one on 25th june in dublin if that suits you
By reel_faerie85member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4076, member since Mon Mar 08, 2010
On Fri Apr 01, 2011 07:03 AM
By isitnaptime Comments: 373, member since Sat Jun 17, 2006
On Fri Apr 01, 2011 07:06 AM
Hi,
My daughter and I went to Ireland for a week two years ago after her college graduation. We planned our entire trip around her doing a Feis in Dublin the Sat. before we flew back.
Here's the link to the great info I was given as they do things differently over there.
www.dance.net . . .
By ID_Addict Comments: 1173, member since Tue Dec 15, 2009
On Sat Apr 02, 2011 06:33 AM
Thanks everyone for the replies. As it turns out I won't actually be going to Ireland any time this year (going to Spain instead) but all this information will still be useful for if I do get to Ireland at any stage in the future. :)

ReplySendWatch