Is it necessary to wear a pair of opaque tight ????
By Johnlee
On 01/13/2011 18:53:52
My school has strict requirement for dressing for adult. When I join the begininng class, the school suggest me to buy a pair of balck tight. So I buy a thick black tight. I found that it is diffcult for me to see my muscle and detail of legs by this opaque balck tight. My teacher suggest me to wear less opaque balck one or white tight. Clearly, it is much better.
re: Is it necessary to wear a pair of opaque tight ????
By luv2plie
On 01/13/2011 23:41:24
Males usually wear think black tights for ballet classes. A teacher should be able to see you muscles if you are wearing men tights! Guys that wear girls tights looks silly in ballet classes. Just my opinion:) Kev
By MrRed
On 01/14/2011 07:47:45
Wear what your teacher wants; that said, black opaque is the standard. I believe that performances are the place for showing off, and group class is a place for everyone to get better, with a minimum of distractions.
By greenpumpkin
On 01/14/2011 08:25:32
If you're not going to wear opaque tights, you need to shave your legs.
By travelfan
On 01/14/2011 16:55:50
I'm not sure I agree that you can't see muscles with opaque tights. I wear black thick tights when I dance and can see the musculature just fine...that's why tights are tight, hah. Unless your tights are too loose, you should be able to see your muscles just fine with any color. That is, of course, if that is the real motivation for you to wear non-opaque tights and not a matter of wanting to wear transparent tights for personal reasons. If they are non-fetish related reasons then wear what you want without excuses. If it is a fetish type thing, there's nothing inherently wrong with having it but it is inappropriate in a class setting with other people present. That being said, if you really want to wear see-through tights, you are going to need to shave your legs (not to mention figure out how to cover your dance belt). Maybe try white opaque tights first.
By PerfectFeet
On 01/16/2011 08:39:01
I shaved my legs for part of a Halloween costume once (don't ask...) and will never do that again! It's ok for the first day, but unless you shave them every single day, you're going to have all sorts of irritations, ingrown hairs, and overall, just a strange feeling of discomfort on your legs. It's way too much work to maintain smooth legs. Hats off to the ladies! I'd much rather find a pair of tights that works for me than shave my legs to accommodate a pair of tights.
By greenpumpkin
On 01/16/2011 14:14:26
To be fair... if one shaves regularly, one figures out how to avoid the problems PerfectFeet mentioned.
By PerfectFeet
On 01/17/2011 12:12:02
I'd literally have to shave twice a day with how fast my hair grows. Otherwise I'd be in a constant state of sandpaper legs.
By danseuretoile
On 01/20/2011 08:35:36
maybe you should try light colour ballet tights such as grey or white as they should your leg muscles better than in black tights. That's why in Japan and China, boys wear white tights and In France they wear grey ballet tights Don't wear girls' tights as they are see-through and not designed for boys
By SFLballetboi
On 01/20/2011 22:07:57
Get Mstevens black footed tights(nice uni's too) theyre made with milliskin and its thick, lightweight and shiny and your muscles look great!!!! If you have have mediocre lighting like my studio get them in white and have them died grey(on the site for extra) or get bike shorts. BTW!!! Anyone know of a better dance belt than the capezio quilted? they stopped making the harmonie one with the cup :(
By balletkml
On 01/24/2011 00:17:44
I went for a full body Brazilian wax, it was once a month at first, then once every 3 months. After 5 or 6 times, I don't need to wax again. I wear M.Stevens white unitards over their white dancebelt in class. My teacher can see every muscle and tendon and correct my posture.
By balletstudent
On 02/20/2011 10:05:35
Try gray tights. That is what males wear in our school and the teacher explained that females wear pink tights so that the teacher can see their muscles. Black tights mask the leg, so our teacher requires gray (instead of pink) so that she can see the muscles.
By luv2plie
On 02/20/2011 16:32:56
At my current dance studio , guys cannot wear grey tights. Only black ones like most dance studio. Kev
By luv2plie
On 02/20/2011 16:33:21
At my current dance studio , guys cannot wear grey tights. Only black ones like most dance studio. Kev
By fg_1977
On 02/26/2011 17:55:00
Some schools require male dancers to wear blue tights and white ballet shoes. Some schools in England require the male students to wear red lycra tights and white shoes.

© 2022 - www.dance.net -- 01/20/2022 10:15:47