Forum: General / Jazz / Jazz - General

Classes at Edge, BDC, and Pineapple (London)?
By travelfan
On Tue Jan 18, 2011 05:10 PM

Hey all, in the next few months I will luckily have the chance to spend some serious time at Broadway Dance Center (NYC), Edge (Los Angeles) and Pineapple Studios (London). Really excited, but was wondering if anybody has had experience dancing at any of these studios. Since I will not be able to observe classes (short periods of traveling time), I want to make sure I have a solid idea of levels, styles and teachers, or just any general advice you'd deem useful to picking classes.

3 Replies to Classes at Edge, BDC, and Pineapple (London)?

re: Classes at Edge, BDC, and Pineapple (London)?
By travelfan
On Tue Jan 18, 2011 05:11 PM
Oh, and if it helps for comparison I currently take class at Lines Dance Center (Alonzo King's studio in San Francisco).
By mygemPremium member
On Sun Jan 23, 2011 06:30 AM
Hiya
pineapple has lots of various jazz classes avalible all differnt styles and levels
i dance at pineapple in london every weekend
i can recommend karen easterbrook her professional class on a sat is amazing, this is commercial jazz, karen has been teaching for over 20 yrs at pineaaple and knows everything you will ever need to know amazing teacher
mark battershall classes are also amazing unsre of times and days he does la jazz
hope you have a great time.
elesha
x
please pm me for times of classes etc
By travelfan
On Tue Jan 25, 2011 09:42 PM
Hi mygem! I can't PM you for some reason, so hopefully you'll see this. I was wondering if you could break down the technical skills/years training you'd need for the different levels at Pineapple...example, For this level you'd probably need 5 years of training and be able to hold an extension 90 degrees and do a triple pirouette. That would help me a lot in figuring out the class schedule!

ReplySendWatch