Forum: Highland / Highland - Choreography

Music suggestions for combined fling/sword/seann triubhas
By LoriCook
On Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:58 AM

At the show we do every year we usually get to do 5 dances. This year the pipe band said they want to cut us back to 2 dances to save time on dressing changes etc. We would like to do one long dance that includes the fling/sword/seann triubhas then another that we haven't decided on.

Does anyone have a song suggestion that would work for those 3 highland dances back to back? Has anyone ever tried this before?

Thank you for your help.

4 Replies to Music suggestions for combined fling/sword/seann triubhas

re: Music suggestions for combined fling/sword/seann triubhas
By highland3393
On Sun Jan 30, 2011 07:34 AM
I know this isn't exactly what you had in mind, but a 2&1 sword is actually the same length as a 4&2 seann triubhas, so those dances can be done simultaneously to the same music. I think when my studio has done that in the past we used the seann triubhas music. We had a double sword in the middle of the stage and a seann triubhas on either side of the sword. I hope that helps!
By flingingfeet
On Wed Feb 09, 2011 06:20 PM
A strathspey (long, so however long you want the slow parts to be, amount of bars) and highland reel (for however long you want quick steps to be, amount of bars)

:)
By LoriCook
On Thu Feb 10, 2011 01:20 AM
Well we scrapped that idea and are going with a fling/sword combo and then a modified progressive reel for our two dances done to country dancing music. We have 9 beginners in our group of 10 LOL! Should be very interesting!
Thanks for the ideas.
By punkqueeniemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:50 AM
Scotland the Brave could work for this.

ReplySendWatch