Forum: Arts / Photos - Members

Photos - Members
Headshots
By DanceOfTheHeartmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1591, member since Sun Sep 03, 2006
On Mon Jan 31, 2011 02:27 PM
Moved to Photos - Members by Chaconne (182529) on 2011-01-31 17:29:00 Not Ballet Related...this is better forum

Wow, I feel like I'm flooding the boards :P Sorry. These are some headshots that I like the best and I can't seem to pick one but I am leaning toward the last one or the first one. I have cropped versions I did myself but these are unedited.

The first 3 are taken by Travis Rock at travisrockphotography.com Please visit his website he is an amazing photographer and also a dear friend of mine with an extreme talent plus, his last name is awesome.

The lastt 3 were taken by Ted Kivitt, a teacher of mine from last year.

~brooke~

8 Replies to Headshots

re: Headshots
By AlwaysOnStagePremium member Comments: 7417, member since Sun Apr 18, 2004
On Mon Jan 31, 2011 02:33 PM
I can't WAIT to give you feedback, but as of now the images aren't showing up for me. Not sure why, I just get the little "Image" square with the circle/square/triangle thing in it.
By Chaconnemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6359, member since Thu Jul 12, 2007
On Mon Jan 31, 2011 03:31 PM
^ and ^^ This is DDN Mod Jon (Chaconne). This is one of those mysteries of the internet. We mods quite often get Mod reports that a photo didn't show up and then when we go to check it is there. We don't really know why that is, but it is.

It sometimes requires several minutes and even hours for all the photos to show up. Other times they show up instantly. Give it a little time to see if some or all of the photos show.

It happens to us too!

Jon
By smileywomanmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11032, member since Sat Sep 17, 2005
On Mon Jan 31, 2011 03:39 PM
Edited by smileywoman (141214) on 2011-01-31 15:55:01 EDIT: it took forever for the rest of the pics to come up.
EDIT: it took forever for the rest of the pics to come up.

The second one not only shows your beautiful smile, but your whole face lights up to show your beautiful eyes too. :D
By reel_faerie85member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4130, member since Mon Mar 08, 2010
On Mon Jan 31, 2011 03:39 PM
I just had a sneaky on that webpage - great photos! The ones of you are stunning!!
By Chaconnemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6359, member since Thu Jul 12, 2007
On Mon Jan 31, 2011 03:46 PM
One more showed up in the 15 minutes since I wrote my posting above. Look at it this way...20 years ago we generally couldn't sent photos anywhere except by mail :P .

Jon
By alwaysonmytoesmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2895, member since Thu Aug 17, 2006
On Mon Jan 31, 2011 04:24 PM
They're all gorgeous, but I just LOVE the last 3. Something about the last one just catches my eye...you look so happy!
By oz_helenmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11196, member since Sat Aug 10, 2002
On Mon Jan 31, 2011 07:18 PM
Edited by oz_helen (35388) on 2011-01-31 19:20:53 left out a word
The first one has the best framing for a headshot. Having the very top of your head cropped out in order to get more hair length in the frame is how I have seen most professional headshots done.

The third one has the best connection with the camera. Compare the eyes in the second and third photos: you can see in the second one you have a slight "glaze over", but in the third, you're looking deep into the camera and so it looks like you're looking back at the viewer. If the third one was framed like the first one, that would be my pick, but unfortunately, it's cut off at a really awkward spot, making you look decapitated. (Eeek!)

The quality of the actual photography in the last three is definitely lower than the first three. The images are not as sharp or as well lit. The one with your hair flying should definitely be in your portfolio though, because the movement is really eye-catching and dancers move!

The fourth one decapitates you again with the turtle-neck. Your headshots should always show your whole neck. V-neck tops are the most flattering in headshots. Also for future reference, try to avoid black tops as your hair blends in with them.

The last one is cute, but your eyes aren't in focus. It looks like your shoulder or elbow is the sharpest part of the photo and the eyes should be the focus of the image.

With all that in mind, if you have a version of #3 that isn't so close cropped, crop it to the same dimensions as #1 and use that as your main headshot. Otherwise, use #1. Keep #5 in your portfolio as well.

Helen
By DanceOfTheHeartmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1591, member since Sun Sep 03, 2006
On Mon Jan 31, 2011 07:56 PM
The last 3 pictures are actually equal quality as the first 3, but I had to change them from the quicktime viewer thing to a jpeg to post them here but I promise you they are high quality saved on my computer. And yes the turtleneck wasn't the best choice, I just liked the way my arm looked :P

These would be cropped more just to my face for headshots though I did it to the last one in a editing program and I think it would look good for say a company profile or something.

~brooke~

ReplySendWatch