Forum: Irish / Good Luck, Congratulations, Thank You

Congratulations to Our DDN Dancer for Great Placings in her First & Over Competitions!
By treblejiggernaut
On Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:49 AM

Just wanted to say a big CONGRATULATIONS!!! to my friend Kefling an adult Irish dancer who just dropped down to the & over competitions and placed really well. She placed in every single dance in her Novice dances and even moved up to Prizewinner in the slip, single jig and traditional sets. She got a 3rd in all her other novice dances and even got a second in the 14 & O treble reel. Well done Kefling. You are an inspiration to all those adult ddners that are contemplating dropping down or that have dropped down recently.

Also, I was very impressed that the feis that she did so well at - The Shelley Wasatch Winterfeis had U 18, and 18 and Over starting in the Novice level. That is great to see that certain schools are seeing the need for older age groups in the & over levels starting in Novice.

Congratulations Kefling! I am so proud of you. I knew you could do it. Great job!! :D

4 Replies to Congratulations to Our DDN Dancer for Great Placings in her First & Over Competitions!

re: Congratulations to Our DDN Dancer for Great Placings in her First & Over Competitions!
By reel_faerie85member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:07 PM
CONGRATULATIONS Kefling!

That is a huge achievement.

Well done.
re: Congratulations to Our DDN Dancer for Great Placings in her First & Over Competitions!
By Hop_123member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Feb 06, 2011 01:22 PM
Woo Hoo!!! Congratulations! That is a fabulous first &over feis.

Were you nervous? I was terrified for my first one. Worse than my first ever feis.

Here's to many more wonderful &over feiseanna for you!
By novicedancer1991member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Feb 06, 2011 09:29 PM
Way to go to your friend, and also to the feis for having an over 18 age group in novice! I hope more of them start doing that!
By kefling
On Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:02 AM
Awww...you're too kind. I was just determined to dance my heart out and have fun, especially since I didn't know what to expect.

I was pleased to find the same camaraderie that the adults have. That made the feis all the more fun! I was terrified, too, Hop_123! Terrified. I felt sick before my first dance, but by the slip jig, I had settled down and started to enjoy it infinitely more.

Thank you all! It was a great day! Can't wait for the next feis!

ReplySendWatch