disco kid ticket wanted by lildancer90
Wanted disco kid ticket any day money waiting xx

Poll: Irish / Irish - Beginners

Page:
Page 1 of 21 2
What did you forget to bring to your first feis? (karma: 1)  en>fr fr>en
By RodeoQueen Comments: 35, member since Tue May 11, 2010
On Tue Feb 08, 2011 01:45 PM

What did you forget to bring to your very first feis? I forgot to bring water..and I STILL forget to bring water!!

30 Replies to What did you forget to bring to your first feis?

re: What did you forget to bring to your first feis? en>fr fr>en
By novicedancer1991member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1442, member since Fri Aug 28, 2009
On Tue Feb 08, 2011 01:49 PM
At my first feis, I didn't wear sock glue because we didn't know it exsisted! I also didn't have a wig yet, and my mother bought me my first pair of dance socks and bloomers there.
By RAID_Babemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5215, member since Thu Feb 18, 2010
On Tue Feb 08, 2011 02:01 PM
I didn't bring Sock Glue either - I didn't know it was required in Beginner. Then one of my friends who was in Intermediate said I should put some of hers on. So mum bought some at the next Feis.
By Louisemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 17048, member since Thu Jun 06, 2002
On Tue Feb 08, 2011 02:02 PM
God, I even used to forget to take water to class! My first feis was 10 minute's drive from my house though so no biggie if I forgot anything. There used to be four feiseanna per year at that venue. None anymore :(

Sock glue was pretty rare when I started dancing. Me and my sister used Pritt Stick and you know what, it worked!
By PogMoGilliesmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3113, member since Tue Apr 24, 2007
On Tue Feb 08, 2011 02:26 PM
I forgot my number holder. My first feis was an almost 2 hour drive from home, and I was competing at 8 am. We spent the night before near the feis, so I triple checked that I have everything!
By Hop_123member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 4008, member since Sat Feb 03, 2007
On Tue Feb 08, 2011 02:35 PM
It never occurred to me that I would have the most wicked dry mouth because of nerves at my first feis. So, I did not have a water bottle. I wish I had. My mouth was like cotton! Now I always bring one.

Cute idea for a thread!
By AinetheDragonPremium member Comments: 2333, member since Tue Jun 25, 2002
On Tue Feb 08, 2011 04:55 PM
Most of these are things that I didn't even HAVE when I did my first feis. We bought bloomers at the feis, I borrowed a dress, wigs were not at all common then, neither was sock glue. I guess I brought along my ghilles (purchased via mail with a faxed tracing of my foot!) and I think I might have had poodle socks from having gone to one feis to watch. I wore a blouse and skirt in case there wasn't one available, but borrowed a dress from someone. I dont remember anything about water, that was so very long ago. My mom might have packed me a water bottle, but its likely that I would have just drank from the drinking fountain at the church.

I used to always be without socks and sock glue. I usually planned to buy new socks on arrival, and typically would borrow sock glue from a friend. Since I only used it on rare occasion, I would just never remember to pack or, or couldnt find it, or didnt want to spend money on it. Yup, I was a chronic sock-glue mooch.

My mom used to go get me a number holder and a pair of socks first thing at every feis. Sometimes she'd bring it back and I'd be like "oh, I have a number holder." Cleaned out my feis bag and found 4 of them a few months ago!
By onegirlbandmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 828, member since Sun Mar 26, 2006
On Tue Feb 08, 2011 05:11 PM
I forgot to wear something that I could properly warm up and stretch in... It never even occurred to me that I would want to wear something other than my stiff school dress or jeans... haha! Lesson learned.
By CelticFeet392 Comments: 189, member since Thu Aug 12, 2010
On Wed Feb 09, 2011 08:11 AM
I forgot my fiddle! yea, I was doing the fiddling competitions as well as dancing...thankfully it was only a 10 min drive from our house, so my mom was able to drive back and get it before I had to play. :)
By irishfeislovemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1060, member since Tue Nov 16, 2010
On Wed Feb 09, 2011 07:47 PM
I forgot saftey pins for my number, I hadn't bought any sock glue yet, nor a wig.
By irishreel Comments: 321, member since Mon Jul 12, 2010
On Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:39 PM
My dress!!!!
- irishreel -
By AussieLauramember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1129, member since Sun Mar 07, 2010
On Thu Feb 10, 2011 01:28 AM
I didn't know that sock glue existed then so I didn't bring that, I didn't need a wig, I'm pretty sure I had water and shoes and everything because I don't remember it being a fuss...
I needed a needle and thread! In one of my heavy dances I caught the heel of my shoe on the hem of my dress (which was made of satin) and ripped it.
By rosalinde Comments: 1769, member since Fri Jun 19, 2009
On Tue Feb 22, 2011 04:41 AM
I had to wear black tights so the socks & glue were not an issue and I did bring my tights. Actually, I think I didn't forget anything, though I can't remember whether I had something to drink, so I chose that. But although I was new at feising, I was a Champion Highland Dancer so I wasn't new at competing.
By Dancer_em_2k7member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 76, member since Tue Jun 05, 2007
On Wed Mar 02, 2011 09:53 AM
I didn't know about sock glue and didn't have a wig, I wore a simple white top and black skirt. I forgot hairspray and all my curls fell out! Also, I didn't have fake tan... I dread to think how pale I looked!
By wildwoodflowermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 829, member since Sun Nov 04, 2007
On Wed Mar 02, 2011 07:20 PM
My Hornpipe!! My first feis was a Halloween costume feis, so the fact that I didn't have a dress wasn't an issue. I had socks, but they were kind of grey because they were borrowed, and a wig that didn't match my hair color. I remembered water, but was so nervous about staying hydrated that I drank water constantly and then just had to pee about every minute. :P I checked everything about a dozen times before we left, but of course I got half way through my hornpipe and my mind just went blank. I made up the entire second step. :O
By iredamhsa4member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 67, member since Mon Jun 08, 2009
On Wed Mar 02, 2011 07:22 PM
I can't say that I forgot them for my first feis, but I forgot socks alot so we've bought them at alot of feiseanna through the years :)
By reel_faerie85member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4076, member since Mon Mar 08, 2010
On Thu Mar 03, 2011 04:36 PM
I forgot my shoes - but I actually did it on purpose as I still had ballet pumps when I first started and I wanted proper shoes. Simple answer forget the shoes and then Mummy and Daddy have to buy me some!
By rosalinde Comments: 1769, member since Fri Jun 19, 2009
On Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:54 PM
^ How cheeky! LOL
By newdresswanted Comments: 56, member since Fri Dec 17, 2010
On Sat Mar 05, 2011 02:49 AM
I think I forgot probably the one thing that I couldn't get at the feis stalls....my asthma inhaler...and boy did I want it after I got off stage :(
By Joyette78 Comments: 169, member since Mon Aug 31, 2009
On Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:11 PM
Safety pins!! You don't realize how many pins you need until you only have two with you.
By Enomi Comments: 9, member since Mon Mar 07, 2011
On Mon Mar 07, 2011 08:29 AM
I forgot my socks. They were not in my shoe bag :) So I had to buy new :) :)

Comment #9475259 deleted
Removed by TheMidlakeMuse (78507) on 2011-03-07 09:09:00 double post

By TheMidlakeMusemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11059, member since Sun Nov 23, 2003
On Mon Mar 07, 2011 09:09 AM
I think I remember forgetting I needed a number holder--we had to rush over to the vendors to get one!

Dani
By roz275member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 187, member since Thu Oct 14, 2010
On Fri Mar 18, 2011 07:15 PM
I didn't bring water and almost died!!! LOL... I don't think I wore a wig to my first feis...
By twinkletoes2021 Comments: 99, member since Sun Mar 18, 2012
On Sun Oct 21, 2012 03:01 PM
i forgot my steps to my reel at my first feis 2/3 times i danced the reel, i forgot part of it.
Page:
Page 1 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch