Forum: Highland / Highland - Adult Dancers

Possible Adult Beginner Category at Niagara Highland Dance Comp in April
By jmdmam
On Tue Feb 08, 2011 07:48 PM

Hi Ladies: I know that several of you just leveled up to Novice this past weekend in Ottawa (congratulations!) but I have just heard that the organizer of the Niagara Highland Dance Competition is willing to set up an Adult Beginner category (20+, possibly 18+)if she gets at least 6 confirmed entries. My dance teacher will sponsor the medals & trophy. The competition is April 2nd in beautiful Niagara Falls. We've been 3 times (daughter dances) and it is extremely well organized! The Travelodge on Clifton Hill has great rates for dancers and the Fallsview Water Park is right next to the hotel. If you're seriously interested, please let me know. I don't want 4 people driving down only to find out that there's no category! This is also a great event for the younger (and better?) dancers!

Jen

3 Replies to Possible Adult Beginner Category at Niagara Highland Dance Comp in April

re: Possible Adult Beginner Category at Niagara Highland Dance Comp in April
By Skyesbridge
On Tue Feb 08, 2011 09:07 PM
Jenn, If I can summon the energy & get home earlier from work, to get back to class, I'll get myself out to this, if our Teacher thinks I can.
I better start brushing up on everything.
By hilandmumndancer
On Wed Feb 09, 2011 09:45 AM
Sadly I am away on a trip to Boston otherwise I would have been very interested!
By Skyesbridge
On Fri Feb 18, 2011 07:23 PM
Ok, there's 2 of us in for this comp, we just need 4 more in order to have an Adult Beginner Category.

Come on, we know you're out there, ( for those that moved up, contrats!!) If you've been thinking about Competing but haven't had the courage, Go for it! We're there to support each other, we've managed Adult Beginner Category's quite a few times, let's keep it going.

Nice Competition setting, Great way to get started for the rest of the summer season...

:)

ReplySendWatch