Forum: Highland / Highland - Adult Dancers

Adult Beginners at Texas Scottish Festival - June 4, 2011
By emmyport
On Wed Feb 09, 2011 01:19 PM

In case anyone is interested in making a trip to the Dallas area this June, we have a group of about a dozen Beginners who will be competing for the first time at the Texas Scottish Festival on June 4, 2011. Three of these Beginners are 40+. We would love to see a large adult age group for them! Here is a link to information on the games:

www.texasscottishfestival.com

Entry forms are usually posted in late April/early May. If you are interested in coming and would need somewhere to stay, let me know and we can see if one of our local dance families can accommodate you.

Please note that I'm not affiliated with the running of the dance competition or games, just a local teacher who would like to see more competitors for her students :)

2 Replies to Adult Beginners at Texas Scottish Festival - June 4, 2011

re: Adult Beginners at Texas Scottish Festival - June 4, 2011
By LoriCook
On Thu Feb 10, 2011 01:22 AM
Hey that is really great!
I am going to Scotland on June 15th but sure would love to go to Dallas if I could swing it. I bet it is hotter than Hades in June isn't it? I will have to give it some thought.
re: Adult Beginners at Texas Scottish Festival - June 4, 2011
By emmyport
On Thu Feb 10, 2011 09:41 AM
I can almost guarantee it will be triple-digits both days, based on the last few years. However, last year they had a nice tent up for dancers/spectators, which really helped with the heat. Maybe we should organize a pool party on Saturday night, LOL! I forgot to mention that it's actually a 2 day competition for everyone except Primaries. Last year, Beginners did Fling, Sword, S.T. on Saturday and Lilt, Flora on Sunday. The hard part is trying not to get sunburned Saturday so you can actually dance Sunday ;)

ReplySendWatch