Forum: Irish / Irish - Achievements

Stratford open feis 2011
By lightfoot_champmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Feb 14, 2011 03:06 AM

first off i want to say well done to everyone who danced at the feis there was some absolutely lovely dancing on the day it was all lovely to watch.

the feis was a good one for me and my school
one of our dancers danced her first time in intermediate in the under 11 age group and placed 3rd in her reel, 4th in the light jig, 4th in single jig and also came 4th in her premiership so she was really pleased.

one of our other dancers this was only her second feis with WIDA as she moved to us from a school with an comhdhail.
she was in open under 20 and came 2nd in her reel, 3rd in hornpipe, 3rd in trad set and then 3rd place in the open championship which she was really pleased about, (she was also wearing the skirt that i made so i will have to post pics soon)

and then last there was me who was in the senior citizens group (althought i was the youngest as i'm only 20)
i came 2nd in the reel which was really nice, 2nd in the treble jig again i was really pleased with this, and then i won the trad set competition wich made me laugh cos i never win the trad sets. and then finally i placed 2nd in the senior open championship.

so all in all it was a good feis for us we all came home with a trophy and two of us got sashes.

one thing that made this feis great was the fun and friendly atmosphere. and at the end they had a parade of champions sort of thing where the organiser made the people who placed in the champs do a step out of reel but seeing as i was in heavies i did a treble reel, it was really fun but i don't know if anyone got it on video, then the whole thing turned into a huge ceili-esque dance. so lots of fun was had by all and i can't wait for next year

2 Replies to Stratford open feis 2011

re: Stratford open feis 2011
By CelticPiksymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:44 PM
Well done!! :) I really wish I could have stayed till the end but the driving was bad enough as it was! I really wanted to see how you did so i'm glad you posted! Your dancing was wonderful despite reasons for not kicking too high ;)

Was nice to meet you too, and what a small world it is! Would never have imagined us coming from the same place! And I promise you will see me again feis-ing, and I WILL be dancing!

x Caz x
re: Stratford open feis 2011
By reel_faerie85member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Feb 14, 2011 02:31 PM
So jealous!!

Well done to everyone that went.

Hows my chances looking?

ReplySendWatch