Forum: General / General

Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2
Funny or Embarrassing Ringtones
By DeeDeesPremium member
On Wed Feb 16, 2011 08:41 AM
Edited by DeeDees (172773) on 2011-02-16 08:51:27 can't copy paste

My FB status, especially Jon's comment brought this up.
Has your choice of ringtone caused some funny moments?

I had Vincent Prices laughter many years ago. It started ringing during Mass.
Now I have a Muse track, people (girls) say "ooh Twlight" I reply "NO, MUSE"

debating whether to use Star Wars or The Imperial March next.

My message tone is Harry Potter theme. the Potter fans turn and grin at me when it goes off in public.
When my DD or her BF call me their personal tone is 'They are taking the Hobbits to Isengard.' I find myself dancing along instead of picking up the phone.

38 Replies to Funny or Embarrassing Ringtones

re: Funny or Embarrassing Ringtones
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Feb 16, 2011 08:45 AM
My sister used to date a guy named David, and his ringtone on her phone was "Pick up the phone, David is calling. Pick up the phone, David is calling." lol...I used to love that tone. :D

My caller ID on my phone announces whoever is calling. It'll say "Call from [person or number]" and then start ringing. That always makes me laugh too.
By Caulfieldmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Feb 16, 2011 09:17 AM
When I had my piece-of-crap LG Rumour, I couldn't upload my own ringtones, so I had to choose from the pre-assigned ringtones. I decided I might as well go with the most ridiculous one available, so I chose this pseudo-rap "song" for irony's sake, as I'm about as NOT G as they come. Needless to say, it got some giggles out of my friends.

But the instance that took the cake was when I forgot to set my phone to silent in dance class. And naturally, the ONE time I forget to do so, someone decides to call me. And off goes the ringtone. Muffled rapping and sick beatz. From my bag.

So everyone kind of pauses, and my teacher is all, "Who's phone is that?" I'm positively mortified, so I just apologise and run over to my bag to shut that god-awful ringtone off. And since I'm the last person everyone expected, laughter ensued. Mostly from my teacher.

I honestly kind of miss it. It was a good larf. :P
By TheMidlakeMusemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Feb 16, 2011 09:26 AM
Didn't happen to me personally, of course, but White House correspondent Andrea Mitchell's son once changed her ringtone and switched it on before she left the house for a briefing as a practical joke. During the middle of the press conference her phone goes off, and it's Chamillionaire's "Ridin' Dirty". Tony Snow (RIP), who was the press secretary at the time, stopped talking, peered out into the crowd, and said "Who is that? Is that Andrea? Play that funky music, white girl!"

Dani
By Meganmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Feb 16, 2011 09:37 AM
I had "Bananaphone" by Raffi for a long time, which is hilarious. I'd be in the grocery store and all of a sudden "Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring, BANANAPHONE!" It was fantastic.

Now I have "I Think We're Alone Now" by Tiffany, and I let it ring loud and proud, haha.
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Feb 16, 2011 09:50 AM

I had "Bananaphone" by Raffi for a long time, which is hilarious. I'd be in the grocery store and all of a sudden "Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring, BANANAPHONE!" It was fantastic.

OMG, WANT!

Before my mom got her blackberry, she had the charleston as her ringtone. I always danced instead of answering the phone.

Actually come to thin of it, I still do that - now her ringtone is "Lookin' Out My Back Door" by CCR.
By Louisemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Feb 16, 2011 09:55 AM
I have Dance Wiv Me by Dizzee Rascal but it's only the chorus so you only hear Calvin Harris.

We used to purposefully set our ringtones off in psychology A level and sing along to them. We all had nokias, so you'd get:

Kick, kick, kick, kick, kick-kick, kick, kiiiick

or

Nokiah tune nokiah tune nokiah-hah tuuuune

or

Kids and grown up love it so, the happy world of Haribo..

etc etc etc.

We were well popular with Miss O'Reilly.
By Munkensteinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Feb 16, 2011 09:59 AM
Mine is currently a Duran Duran song...it sometimes startles me suddenly yelling out "WILD BOYS!" at the start of the ringing, haha.

I had "Never Gonna Give You Up" as my ringtone for a while and it sometimes resulted in amusement...waiting rooms, stores, etc. all usually included people who got a kick out of my phone rickrolling the place.
By Chaconnemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:01 AM
Since Dee Dees brought up my story on ringtone which I put on FB in response to her FB posting, I'll repeat it here.

Before all the symphony concerts I play begin, the conductor makes an annoucement for all our attendees to turn off cellphones, pagers and anything else that make noise. At one concert he was in the middle of making that announcement when our oboist's cell phone went off...Loudly! Like many musicians, her ring tone was a bit of classical music. In this case the theme from Debussy's "Arabesque."

When her phone went off, our conductor deadpanned. "THAT is not on the program today!"

Jon
By HollieErin
On Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:05 AM
I used to have Beuckcherry as my ring tone, Crazy *****, it went off during a job interview.... I did however get the job :S
re: Funny or Embarrassing Ringtones (karma: 2)
On Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:09 AM
^^Before another performance, with a different conductor, this time for a "Nutcracker" ballet, the conductor read a poem he wrote which contained the following section:

"The music is lovely, so golly and jeepers
Please silence your cell phones, pagers and beepers.
Reach into your pockets, go deep down inside
Any purses or coats where your cell phone might hide
And show your respect for dear Piotr Tchaikovsky
By grabbing those cell phones and turning them off-ski."

Jon
re: Funny or Embarrassing Ringtones (karma: 1)
By Wicked_Elphabamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:22 AM
The ring tone I have for my fiance is basically the phone having an orgasm. "I think i'm gonna ring, I think i'm gonna ring, OH GOD I'M RINGING!!!!!!" Yeah....you get the idea. ;) I let it ring loud and proud.

My regular ringtone is from Swan Lake. :) My mom's ringtone is the Imperial March and my dad's is something from Star Trek. :)
By elaina16member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:24 AM
My ringtone is the Despicable Me minion laugh. Usually when it goes off a person near me will always look over, and smile.
By alwaysonmytoesmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:39 AM
This is a theoretical story, but if it actually happens, I think I would die.

Christy Carlson Romano, aka Kim Possible, attends (or attended? Not sure if she's still here, but I bumped into her once :D ) the same college as I do. At any rate, the beeps from the show (you know, from Kim's phone/PDA?) are a popular ring tone around here, and I've always wanted someone's phone to go off when she's nearby. "Wade, what's the sitch?" The running joke is that she'd beat the person up. :P
By DeeDeesPremium member
On Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:43 AM
elaina16 wrote:

My ringtone is the Despicable Me minion laugh. Usually when it goes off a person near me will always look over, and smile.

*runs off to download *
By kandykanePremium member
On Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:44 AM
My friend's ringtones for her family is the theme from Clint Eastwood's "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly". I often ask her which family member is the good, which one is the bad and which is the ugly, lol.

I have Layla for mine. More than once the song has been playing on the radio when my phone rings. Confuses me for a second, lol.

kk~
By Sumayah
On Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:45 AM
Edited by Sumayah (204191) on 2011-02-16 10:49:41 jump to time!
I have nerdy ringtones.

B's ringtone: www.youtube.com . . .
My general ringtone: www.youtube.com . . .
A friend's ringtone: www.youtube.com . . .
My nephews: www.youtube.com . . .
My "little sister": www.youtube.com . . .
My bestie K: www.youtube.com . . .
My alarm: www.youtube.com . . .
And when I worked for the census any of my team was this: www.youtube.com . . .

Cheesy I know, but ringtones make me happy.
By pokomember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:02 AM
My current ringtone is Buddy Holly by Weezer. My message tone is "Sherwood Forrest" for all you iPhone4 users out there....makes me laugh every time.

My old phones message tone used to be from Die Hard... "Yippee Ki Yay Mother F..." (you get the point). Hilarious when around friends. Not hilarious when it goes off at work.
By MarlaSingermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:03 AM
I'm lazy, so I use one of the ones that came with my phone. I quite like it though. It's called "Voice of the Nature," and there are sound effects in the background like running water and birds chirping. It's a bit over the top, and it makes me smile.
By saor_celticmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:31 AM
I have various ringtones & even a few that I don't use or are holiday inspired.

For my husband - Doctor n' the Tardis By the time lords
For sister #1 - London Calling
sister #2 - Star wars opening music
Sister #3 - Where were you hiding by the Alarm
Mom - Ring, Ring by Abba
Dad - I have Yoda who says "Your phone, ringing it is, press the button you must and fulfill your destiny"

Unknown calls - Harry potter

I switch out my unknowns with - Master of Puppets (Metallica), Young Lust (Pink Floyd), I want a Hippo for christmas & Dominick the Donkey are my holiday ones.

Usually my Yoda one will get the most comments.
re: Funny or Embarrassing Ringtones (karma: 3)
On Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:37 PM
Edited by Chaconne (182529) on 2011-02-16 12:38:24 spelling
No sooner have I mentioned ringtones going off in concerts, the concertmistress of one of my orchestras just sent this to me.

Jon
By shannon13
On Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:46 PM
I have a clip from the movie Elf as my ringtone. "OH MY GOD IT'S SAAAA NTA. I know him..." It goes on for a really long time and makes me smile every time my phone is not on vibrate and I hear it.
By Krystalmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Feb 16, 2011 04:02 PM
I have the "hide yo kids, hide yo wife" set as my brother's ringtone. Makes me laugh everytime I hear it!

Other than that my ringtones aren't that crazy, I have Trans-Siberian Orchestra and Dragonforce for the default ones.
By Reidfidleirmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Feb 16, 2011 04:19 PM
I don't have it now, but I had it on my little Nokia ( I miss it!), it was called Annoyed ring.

It's a quasi-man's voice that speaks. it goes:

ring. ring. ring-ring. Ring! Ring! Ring-Ring-Ring!!! RING RING RINGGGGGGTGGRINGGG! *proceeds to scream* RaAAAAING RAAAAIIING RAAAAINGGGG!!!BLAHHHHWAHHHHHRAAAYAAAA! ring.

hahjaha I loved that soooo much! People would laugh. My mother of all people wanted it too!
By Trout
On Wed Feb 16, 2011 05:40 PM
Edited by Trout (227574) on 2011-02-16 17:51:51
www.youtube.com . . .
^That's my current ring tone, "Coming to Homerica" from The Simpsons. It's so dorky and I love it. It's like a grandma ring tone.

My text notification is Terry from Reno 911 going "Whoa! Time out!" This is Terry (PG-13) www.comedycentral.com . . .

I usually go to a coffee shop to get internet and there's this other regular there whose ringtone is a Christian rock song. The thing is, the guy will set his phone on the table right next to him, but he has the ringer on full volume and lets it ring nearly all the way through before he answers it and he gets calls like every twenty minutes. Even though it's a song about G-d's love, it fills me with RAAAGE. Pick up your phone or turn it on vibrate or something! AAARRRR!
Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch