Priority Teaching Jobs

Forum: Adults / Baby On Board

Baby On Board
Baby Names...specifically middle names...having to do with Music or Dance! en>fr fr>en
By dancinmyazoff Comments: 102, member since Tue Nov 16, 2004
On Fri Mar 18, 2011 02:06 PM

I'm looking for a middle name for my little girl due in July. I'd like it to have to do with Dance or Music in some way but am coming up short on ideas. My students swear her name will have something to do with MJ or Prince because I swear to being their all time #1 fan!!! Kinda ironic but one of my first name choices is the name of a Prince song lol! Here's a few that I've found but haven't stuck out yet:

- Melody
- Demi...as in Demi Plie ;)
- Jaz (I love this one but it's my little cousins first name)

I'd love some ideas, thanks!

15 Replies to Baby Names...specifically middle names...having to do with Music or Dance!

re: Baby Names...specifically middle names...having to do with Music or Dance! en>fr fr>en
By mirrimmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 753, member since Sat Apr 05, 2008
On Fri Mar 18, 2011 02:29 PM
I knew of an opera singer who named her daughter Aria. I thought it was pretty :)
re: Baby Names...specifically middle names...having to do with Music or Dance! en>fr fr>en
By millysmommy Comments: 846, member since Tue Jun 09, 2009
On Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:26 AM
I had a student once named Minuet. Everyone called her Minnie, but i always thought Her real name was so cute, and she fit it very well.
By LoriCook Comments: 1465, member since Mon Aug 17, 2009
On Sat Mar 19, 2011 02:19 AM
I really like the gaelic word for a party with dancing and music which is Ceilidh (pronounced "Kay-lay", emphasis on 1st syllable)
Music in Scottish and irish Gaelic is Ceol (with a mark over the o)pronounced kyawl
By Louisemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 17046, member since Thu Jun 06, 2002
On Sat Mar 19, 2011 05:27 AM
Edited by Louise (29559) on 2011-03-19 05:29:29
^ In Irish they're pronounced a little differently, so that gives another couple of options. Most provinces pronounce ceili the same as the girls name Kayleigh/Kayley. I know of a few Irish dancers called Ceili. Ceol is often pronounced kayl as well, one syllable.

What's the name you've chosen for her first name? Makes it a little easier to see if the names flow together.

Aria sounds absolutely lovely! Very cute. On a similiar I know of a girl called Allegra. Soprano could have been cute if it wasn't for the TV show...you've got Melody on your list, how about Harmony?

Another option might be famous dancers...someone I know named their baby Darcey, not after the ballerina but it would work in your case.
By dancinmyazoff Comments: 102, member since Tue Nov 16, 2004
On Sat Mar 19, 2011 06:23 AM
First name is either Valentina or Allessandra...and our last name starts with a C and is 2 syllables if that helps!
By annie_omember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 5178, member since Fri Nov 17, 2006
On Sat Mar 19, 2011 07:02 PM
what a great idea:)

how about harmony ??

would love to know what you finally choose

good luck

sam xx
By RAID_Babemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5215, member since Thu Feb 18, 2010
On Sat Mar 19, 2011 07:17 PM
Ceili - Pronounced Kay-lee (it's Irish)

Carol - Like Christmas Carol

By the way, I love the name Valentina. It's actually one of my middle names.
By oz_helenmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11196, member since Sat Aug 10, 2002
On Sun Mar 20, 2011 01:39 AM
Edited by oz_helen (35388) on 2011-03-26 00:55:01 Fixed markup code.
Edited by oz_helen (35388) on 2011-03-26 00:55:28 Fixed markup code.
Cadence or Cadenza

Helen
By Kekoamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 8863, member since Sat Jul 19, 2003
On Sun Mar 20, 2011 01:44 AM
I love Lyra, taken from Lyre which is an instrument :)
By sarahbalera Comments: 861, member since Wed Feb 11, 2009
On Sun Mar 20, 2011 04:08 AM
My friends litle girl is called Melody, or Mellie for short
By DeStijlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7007, member since Sat Jul 17, 2004
On Sun Mar 20, 2011 04:38 AM
I always thought Odile and Odette were pretty names (as in Swan Lake) - though you'd probably not want to name her after the black swan :P Odette is prettier anyway, IMO.
By Emi89member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 838, member since Wed Jan 16, 2008
On Sun Mar 20, 2011 05:51 PM
Valentina:
Alessandra:

Allegra (allegro: direction to play lively or fast)
Harmony
Serenede
Sonatina (short sonata)
Tutti (passage for the entire orchestra with no soloist, nice ties with family group too)
Vivace (direction to play in a lively/spirited manner)
Adagio
Etoile (literally means star, and also refers to the highest rank a paris opera dancer may hold)
By CrayolaPremium member Comments: 1548, member since Sat Feb 26, 2005
On Sun Mar 20, 2011 06:28 PM
I always thought Cadence was a really pretty name.
By maureensiobhan Comments: 4555, member since Wed Dec 24, 2003
On Tue Mar 22, 2011 09:23 AM
For Allesandra-

1) Danilova
2) Stanza

For Valentina--

1) Gavotte
2) Mazurka
By Katie_x Comments: 748, member since Wed Aug 30, 2006
On Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:13 AM
Please don't call your child Ceilidh, it's like calling her Disco.

ReplySendWatch