Forum: Highland / Highland - Adult Dancers

Finally Starting!
By DinkleToes
On Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:29 PM

Hi all! So, after years of lurking/reading up on Highland, I've finally found a teacher! Naturally I'm over the moon about it (I start today), but I wanted to pop on and say that you all are awesome. I'm very impressed by how kind and helpful everyone is here on the Highland board, and all the information really helped in my decision to try it. Thanks, folks :)

4 Replies to Finally Starting!

re: Finally Starting!
By ifinance
On Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:18 PM
Congratulations! Enjoy :)
By LoriCook
On Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:33 AM
Good luck, have fun! There will be times when you hurt so much you can't walk but it gets better with time and practice. Don't give up! There will also be times when you will be convinced you will never be able to do a certain step but keep at it and it will come to you eventually. Congratulations on finding a teacher :D
By DinkleToes
On Wed Mar 23, 2011 01:43 PM
Edited by DinkleToes (177369) on 2011-03-23 13:44:26
Well, I have to say now: I LOVE IT. I also do Irish dance, so this is taking some getting used to (especially the arms) but I'm already in love. I learned the shedding movement and the first step of the fling! (Well, minus the arms...those come next haha.) I'm quite proud of myself, even though the smallest child could probably out-dance me at the moment. In any case, I definitely love it.
By saor_celticmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:43 AM
Congratulations! Have fun. I remember when I was learning new steps, how exciting it was. Enjoy!!

ReplySendWatch