Forum: Ballet / Ballet - Wanted

cheap not-dead pointe shoes
By dancinislife0607member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Mar 23, 2011 06:17 AM

Some of you may have read my previous post about my research project attempting to develop longer-lasting pointe shoes.
www.dance.net . . .
Well, I'm actually starting to work on development now and am debating how to go about it. The options appear to be either somehow make my own from scratch, which sounds virtually impossible, or to get already existing ones and put new fibers in them, which sounds much more feasible. My teacher also thinks I should go with the latter option, but he doesn't seem to understand how expensive pointe shoes are and thinks I should just get 10 pairs or so to test. Basically, and I know it's really a ridiculous request, I'm wondering if there's any chance that any of you are willing to sell me new or very gently used pointe shoes relatively cheaply. Brand/style/size/etc. is not really important, because it's fairly likely I'll be destroying them with a machine. The only requirement is that they're not too dead--I've kept every pair I've ever had, so if I could experiment with dead ones, I'd have no problem, but I don't think I can. I know it's a LOT to ask and not too many people just have unworn pointe shoes hanging around, but anything you all can offer would be greatly appreciated!

4 Replies to cheap not-dead pointe shoes

re: cheap not-dead pointe shoes
By dancer548
On Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:56 AM
Edited by dancer548 (234412) on 2011-03-30 01:00:45 more info
I would try discountdance.com, they often have sales and pretty cheap stuff. I don't know if it will be as cheap as you want, though. Some of them are less then 10 dollars. Go to "shoes", then "pointe shoes" then sort by "price low-high".
Hope that helps!
By alliekat4
On Mon Apr 04, 2011 08:32 AM
Hi I'm selling two brand new pairs of Grishko Mayas in 5.5x for $45 a pair. I also have a gently used pair of mayas and 2007s if you are interested.
By Emi89member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Apr 04, 2011 06:31 PM
Edited by Emi89 (190592) on 2011-04-04 18:32:35
look on ebay.... uk one just had some new freeds go for £5

look for weird sizes and inexpensive brands (sanshs tend to appear a lot) for the cheapest price

edited to add.... could even message sellers asking about any shoes that may be slightly damaged (torn satin or stained etc) that you could purchase cheaper
By puppies_flyPremium member
On Mon Apr 04, 2011 09:51 PM
I have a pair of unworn Grishko 2007, 4 xx H, you can have for the cost of shipping (from Scotland); the wings went mushy (relatively speaking; being grishkos they still have a pretty hard clunky box) in storage so i don't really like them any more and haven't sewn/worn them - maybe PM me if you want me to send them.

ReplySendWatch