Forum: Welcome

i did it! :)
By msjill
On Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:42 AM

after years of being an assistant, co-teaching, you name it, i'm finally a full teacher at my studio!

long story short the teacher i was co teaching with on friday nights quit this week. she wasn't good and my SO thinks she was afraid of getting fired. anyways - since it's so late in the season my SO decided this would be the perfect opportunity for me to see if i have what it takes to be a teacher. she will obviously be checking in quite a bit and helping out when she sees necessary but the class is official mine! and if i do a good job this year i'll get more classes next season. i'm just so excited to have finally made it!! :D :D

11 Replies to i did it! :)

re: i did it! :)
By dancetcher1
On Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:46 AM
congratulations!! good for you!!
By hummingbird
On Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:04 AM
Well done!
By Tap_Dance_Kid
On Thu Mar 24, 2011 02:08 PM
LIKE! :)
By Dream_chaserPremium member
On Thu Mar 24, 2011 03:08 PM
Fabulous!! Now go over and above her expectations of you and you will become someone she will give more classes to teach. Congrats!
By J1ll
On Fri Mar 25, 2011 07:36 AM
Congratulations!!!! My best advice is don't be afraid to ask for help. As a new teacher it's better to ask for help if you're struggling with an issue or choreography or studio policy. You won't be judged for not knowing, you'll be respected for knowing who and when to seek help.
And remember we at DDN are here to help! Good luck!
By d4jmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:35 AM
Congratulations! :)
By DancerTonitePremium member
On Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:22 AM
Congratulations! That is awesome news!!! :)
By pinknim2007
On Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:56 AM
I second the asking for help,and always keep us in mind! the dance network here is a beautiful thing!
By pinknim2007
On Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:57 AM
And a giant congratulat ions!
By msjill
On Fri Mar 25, 2011 05:02 PM
thanks so much everyone! i just got back from my very first class, it went really well. a few complaints after explaining to the kids that we would need to re choreograph their recital dances but thats to be expected!
By loverofballet
On Fri Mar 25, 2011 06:11 PM
Glad it went well for you. I also second the asking for help from experienced teachers. Like dreamchaser said, go above and beyond her expectations, research information you need to become the best teacher you can be. The sky is the limit!

ReplySendWatch