Forum: General / Computers - General

Any Advantages and disadvantages of computers in a public place
By dancer_aimyXomember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Mar 28, 2011 05:13 AM
Edited by dancer_aimyXo (203073) on 2011-03-28 05:13:49 left some part of the question out !

Does anybody have and advice or information on the advantages & disadvantages of the use of
<b> computers in a public place/private life.</b>
Im greatful of any help:D
Thank you
Amy x

4 Replies to Any Advantages and disadvantages of computers in a public place

re: Any Advantages and disadvantages of computers in a public place
By reel_faerie85member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Mar 28, 2011 06:28 AM
I use the computers at uni and they are great as they are quick and easy to access but disadvantages are I always forget to tick the shared computer box and it leaves cookies that anyone can access.
Therefore always remember to delete cookies!!
By Moonlitefairy06member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Mar 28, 2011 08:32 AM
a lot of the answers for your ipod question can go with this one too. Lack of real life socialization because you always have your computer to entertain you. You need to be creative with these type of assignments. They don't seem to be that difficult if you spend some time thinking about the less obvious answers. Its ok to ask for help, but don't ask DDN to do your homework for you.
By dancer_aimyXomember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Apr 11, 2011 04:47 AM
thanks moonlitefairy06 ive got a lot of topics to do and i have researched and I can only get 3 points for some,I need a few paragraphs , I do most the work my self just seen what other peoples views are , I cant use the same as the ipod as it is the same essay , Iam not that good with technology.
sorry about that .
By Cienmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Apr 11, 2011 09:28 AM
One of the biggest drawbacks for me in using the public computers at my university is that everyone can see what I'm doing. And it's not like I'm doing anything illegal or dirty on a university computer, but I'm sort of...protective, so I feel weird about strangers being able to see everything I'm looking at online. Other disadvantages I can think of...you have to remember to do things like check the "I'm using a public computer" box, or "Reset" (at my university), which you wouldn't have to do on a personal computer. And you have a limited amount of time to use them, since other people are usually waiting to have a turn. Some people might bring up the "too connected to technology these days" thing, but I totally disagree with that in this case.

Advantages? If you have a laptop or netbook and don't have it with you when you need to look something up (or if you don't have a personal computer at all), it's nice to be able to stop at a public computer.

ReplySendWatch