Forum: General / Hip Hop / Hip Hop

Breaking Vs Ballet
By MissFunkAddict
On Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:11 AM

General question aimed to any dancer who has knowledge on the two styles..... Which style do you believe to be more demanding on the body and why? Help would be really apprieciated and assist agreat deal with my research... thank you :)

5 Replies to Breaking Vs Ballet

re: Breaking Vs Ballet
By DancerGirl05
On Wed Apr 06, 2011 02:58 PM
Hi there!
Well, I only know a little bit of breaking, but let me tell you, it requires tons of upper body strength. As far as physically demanding though, both styles are. Ballet is slower, but don't mistake slowness for less physical demands. It targets muscles that you didn't even know existed! Breaking, especially for us girls is harder just because of where our center of gravity is located, (although there are some great bgirls out there!). Ballet is basically an upright leg workout, and man does it kill when you haven't danced it in a while haha. But if you are interested in both styles, why not try both? It can't hurt anything right? Find the right fit and style for you, and best of luck!!
By Msz_Guy_Jay
On Fri Apr 08, 2011 02:34 AM
I have done ballet for 5 years and hip hop for 2 months and from my point of view, i believe they are both hard. Since I've done ballet for 5 years, I find it hard to let loose, although the steps are quite easy as ballet is a foundation for all genres. Ballet is more easier because I'm getting used to the steps although it is more technical. I think they are both really hard types to mastter, but with my view, ballet is still harder.

Hope this helps xx
By MissFunkAddict
On Fri Apr 08, 2011 07:35 AM
Thank you so much for your time! x

Comment #9524881 deleted

By calligirl13
On Thu Apr 21, 2011 08:30 AM
It can't hurt. I feel that anything that helps you to be limber, stretches out the muscles and gives you more flexibility will help you in the long run

ReplySendWatch