Last minute question about tights
By jorrdanlewiss
On 04/06/2011 11:45:15
So I am a naturally bottom heavy kinda guy which makes this tights situation kinda awkward. I have currently large capezio footed tights which makes sence number wise for my body. I am 5'6 31 waist 160~ish pounds ao they should fit however I have a large butt and bigger thighs so the end up going very see thru. My question is would I be better off just buying a size up or should I try wearing 2 pairs. The only reason I don't automatically just opt for a bigger size is the large on me when i pull it up already goes quite high rests at about nipple height which makes me concerned that if I go up to a xl it will be up to my nose. Also the reason I don't just go and try them on is the nearest store that sells this stuff is a couple hours away I will be going there this weekend but I just thought I could use some advice. Thanks :)
re: Last minute question about tights
By jocknballettight
On 04/07/2011 05:21:44
I think your best bet for tights are M STEVENS brand they are a heavier very opaque tight for men you could prob get a large and find they fit well they run about $22.00 - 27.00 each and come in black white sometime you can find them in gray as well
By Doctor_Dancebelt
On 04/08/2011 06:50:06
Roll your "nipple height" tights over an elastic belt 3 or 4 times and they'll stay up and tight resting at your waist level.
By danseuretoile
On 04/08/2011 09:28:53
hello you can get a pair of xlarge and roll them up over a belt or you can wear 2 pairs but it's not very confortable , capezio tights for boys are not great, try to buy mirella, m stevens or wear moi
By jorrdanlewiss
On 04/08/2011 13:30:37
Thanks guy i checked and there is a store I can find MStevens at just in time for my audition! Hope they fit good!
By SilverGreyDancer
On 05/03/2011 09:34:47
I would guess you are talking about white tights. Well going a size up won't necessarily get you more opacity esp if you are already wearing a large. two pair is an option. i have in the past when costume guys with your problem use a s seamless white pantyhose to increase the opacity without creating a lot of extra thickness. You should realize that tights look more opaque on stage than off because of the lighting.
By SilverGreyDancer
On 05/03/2011 09:35:27
I would guess you are talking about white tights. Well going a size up won't necessarily get you more opacity esp if you are already wearing a large. two pair is an option. i have in the past when costume guys with your problem use a s seamless white pantyhose to increase the opacity without creating a lot of extra thickness. You should realize that tights look more opaque on stage than off because of the lighting.

© 2022 - www.dance.net -- 01/26/2022 23:50:12