Forum: Ballet / Ballet - Wanted

need a ballet outfit for class asap
By balletboy12
On Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:01 AM

hey im jeff im in ballet looking for some one that can help me find some chep pointe shoes. i dont have alot of money as im 15yo
i live with my dad and he DOES not know i am secretly taken ballet classes in school
i wear a size 11.5 in mens i also need cheap leather split sloe ballet slippers dont care if there pink can some one please help me???

5 Replies to need a ballet outfit for class asap

re: need a ballet outfit for class asap
By mirrimmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Apr 14, 2011 08:29 PM
Why do you want pointe shoes? Pointe should only be attempted after years of multiple classes per week and then only when approved by a qualified teacher. It should only ever be done under the supervision of a qualified teacher, otherwise you risk serious injury, not to mention learning really bad habits and technique.

As for slippers, you should go to a dance store and get fitted. Slippers are not horribly expensive, and all brands and styles fit differently so you really need to try them on.
By balletboy12
On Sat Apr 16, 2011 08:43 AM
yes i know i have a professional ballet teacher with atlant ballet
willing to teach provided i come up with pointe shoes
By AlwaysOnStagePremium member
On Sat Apr 16, 2011 08:46 AM
I was under the impression that you just started ballet, in which case it would be inappropriate for you to start training en pointe until you start training in FLAT ballet shoes.
By dancer548
On Sun Apr 17, 2011 09:29 PM
discountdance.com has really cheap and good quality everything. But as for pointe shoes I would suggest getting fitted by a teacher or a fitter, after that you can buy them cheaper online.I am sorry your father does not know and hope that one day he will understand. :)
By Coccinellamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:32 PM
I second what AlwaysonStage said. Do you think maybe because he's new to ballet he's just mixing up his terminology?

ReplySendWatch