Forum: Ballet / Ballet - Wanted

black pointe shoes needed
By Discoforlife
On Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:48 AM

Hey, me and my other male friend are doing a show at college for our FMP & despertately need cheap black pointe shoe's, does anyone know where we can get any from ? We've looked into dying them but we dont wnat to do this we would prefer actual real black ones. Thanks

12 Replies to black pointe shoes needed

re: black pointe shoes needed
By Niennamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Apr 14, 2011 01:49 PM
Unless I've missed something in all my years dancing ballet, pointes don't come in black. They come in various shades of pink dependent on the brand. I needed to wear black pointe once and my instructor dyed them for me. You'd be better off buying cheap pointe and dying them yourselves.
By greenpumpkinmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Apr 14, 2011 03:36 PM
You can get just about any pointe shoe custom made. Just don't expect the process to be fast or cheap.
By Sakura_Efreet
On Thu Apr 14, 2011 03:54 PM
I've been told by my former teacher canvas shoes dye well. Another class dyed their pointe shoes red for a show. It might be worth looking into that process.
By kicklinequeenmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Apr 14, 2011 04:25 PM
Edited by kicklinequeen (222463) on 2011-04-14 16:26:16
Gaynor Minden makes black ones. I don't know how cheap they are though...

www.dancer.com . . .

EDIT: Whoops, silly me. They're $92 plus $10 for the black satin option. So, $102. I don't know if you consider that inexpensive.
By mirrimmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Apr 14, 2011 08:22 PM
Any black shoes are likely going to be custom made and not cheap. Dying them is not hard, you will probably want to go that route.
By Antlersmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Apr 14, 2011 09:04 PM
Really, dying shoes is not hard....
Here is a helpful tutorial:
www.dharmatrading.com . . .
By Discoforlife
On Fri Apr 15, 2011 05:55 AM
Thanks for all the help guy's, I am aware you cant get black pointe shoes aslong as you get them custom made, Were just going to have to dye a pair which dosent look too hard and seems much cheaper, thanks "Antlers" for the advice and link :) xx
Adam
By Iamalittlefishie
On Fri Apr 15, 2011 08:45 PM
I knew people who sharpie-d their pink shoes black. It works, it just takes multiple sharpies and doesn't look as good as dying. But especially if you're not dancing in them, get cheap shoes (googling "pointe shoes" showed a few results less than $40) and sharpie them. I have no idea exactly what it will do to the quality of the shoe, either, but if you're not dancing in them... it doesnt matter.
By dancer548
On Sun Apr 17, 2011 09:32 PM
Sharpie defiantly works and looks good if done well. Expect to take a couple hours on it.
By angelfish10member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Apr 17, 2011 09:45 PM
Russian Pointe sells their shoes in black, red, and white, in addition to standard pink. I believe they are marked up 10% from the basic price, since they are a custom order.
By angelfish10member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Apr 17, 2011 09:46 PM
Russian Pointe sells their shoes in black, red, and white, in addition to standard pink. I believe they are marked up 10% from the basic price, since they are a custom order.
By aerial
On Mon Apr 18, 2011 06:38 PM
I always just got a large black perm. marker. They make some with really big tips, I never went through the entire marker and it maybe took a half an hour and worked perfectly. The only warning is make sure you do it somewhere well ventilated as the fumes get a bit much.

ReplySendWatch