Forum: Arts / Image Editing

Image Editing
Programmes for creating transparency?
By Emmamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6898, member since Mon Nov 29, 2004
On Sat Apr 23, 2011 03:52 PM

I haven't had much response to this: www.dance.net . . . So I thought another place might help.

For further information, I now have aperture, and am learning how to use it, it does almost everything I want it to do, I'm just finding it annoying trying to figure out how to save different versions of a photograph, for uploading online.

The only thing I can't figure out how to do on aperture is add a degree of transparency to photos, so if anyone could advise me on how to do that, or any other programmes I may already have on my computer that would do the job. Failing that, recommend a free programme that won't take up too much space and just do that simple task for me.

Ta muchly!

4 Replies to Programmes for creating transparency?

re: Programmes for creating transparency?
By MissAshleymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8231, member since Sun Sep 18, 2005
On Sat Apr 23, 2011 07:34 PM
I use picnik.com to edit my photos

:)
By Heartmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 15032, member since Thu Feb 14, 2002
On Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:24 AM
Tuitorial on how to make images transparent with GIMP:

www.fabiovisentin.com . . .
By Emmamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6898, member since Mon Nov 29, 2004
On Tue Apr 26, 2011 07:12 PM
Oops, wrong word. Opacity. ?

Anyway, thanks both of you, but I'm sort of looking for a programme that will be able to be used without having to connect to the internet. Heart, maybe GIMP actually do what I'm asking about, but I used the wrong word.... deary me!
By Heartmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 15032, member since Thu Feb 14, 2002
On Tue Apr 26, 2011 08:13 PM
Do you mean see-through? You should be able to do that with GIMP. I believe that's what the tuitorial is having you do. I don't have time to double-check right now. But GIMP is a free download (and a great program, once you get the hang of it - it looks harder than it really is!) so you have nothing to lose by giving it a shot :) .

Or no, opposite of see-through. Gah. Well, I think it goes both ways.

ReplySendWatch