Forum: Folk / Polynesian Dance

We performed at the International Children's Festival in Hampton :)
By ohanaPremium member
On Sun Apr 24, 2011 06:19 PM

Aloha mai kakou!

Last week my dance group performed at the International Children's Festival in Hampton, VA. Some of my keiki hula dancers came late so they didn't make it to the stage on time and some of my teen and adult students worked that day, but I think the keiki did an awesome job. The main thing is we all had fun and it was such an honor to share the aloha spirit. :)

Ok, just wanted to share. :) This is one reason why I hardly have time to post here. E kala mai.

3 Replies to We performed at the International Children's Festival in Hampton :)

re: We performed at the International Children's Festival in Hampton :)
By Celebrianmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Apr 26, 2011 07:35 AM
That is so cool you get to spread Aloha like that! Nice pics, too!

Were the keiki proud of how they did? And is it still cold there this time of year? One of the pics looked like there was a heavy wind going while you were dancing.
By love2learn
On Sun May 01, 2011 09:08 AM
Those are beautiful pictures! Looks like you all had fun!
By ohanaPremium member
On Sun May 08, 2011 05:28 AM
Mahalo nui! Yes, the keiki were nervous, but they had fun. Some of my dancers did not make it to the stage on time because they were running late and didn't get to perform this time, but we do a lot of community events so they will get another chance. :)

Yes, it was really windy and the stage was closed and shut down after our performance. Looking forward to next year. :)

ReplySendWatch