Forum: General / Jazz / Jazz - Videos

Jazz - Videos
Pray - Lyrical solo (age 9)
By MSD_DanceStudio Comments: 54, member since Sat May 15, 2010
On Sun May 01, 2011 01:34 AM

Constructive criticism please...Competition piece

youtu.be . . .

3 Replies to Pray - Lyrical solo (age 9)

re: Pray - Lyrical solo (age 9)
By Jennifer71 Comments: 690, member since Sun Jan 25, 2004
On Sun May 01, 2011 08:46 AM
This girl has fantastic flexibility but I think this dance needs work in some areas. I think she needs to work on flow; she moves kind of stiffly sometimes from one movement to the next. Some of the moves she is doing seem too difficult for her also (travelling on the raised leg balances, flat-footed pirouettes) so I would work more on the basics.

I see potential here but I think she would be able to give a better artistic impression with a easier dance.
By MSD_DanceStudio Comments: 54, member since Sat May 15, 2010
On Sun May 01, 2011 09:47 PM
This is her first year being a Junior at competition. This is not her best performance of this dance. She actually can do up to 3 pirouetts smoothly without falling out of them and she has great balance. I think it's just nerves cause in her division she competes against girls up to age 12...it can be a little intimidating for a little one who recently just turned 9 years old.
By balletgirl2006 Comments: 149, member since Fri Mar 03, 2006
On Tue May 17, 2011 06:29 PM
It was brave of her to committe and good flexbility. It is good that she has a triple foutte turns. She will need more turn out and needs to press against the floor more so she becomes more blanced when her legs are up high. It seems she does not have the core strength to hold her legs as high as her full flexibility yet but that will come with time and training.

ReplySendWatch