Forum: General / Computers - General

Ipod battery question
By imadanseurPremium member
On Wed May 11, 2011 06:02 PM

I bought a used I-Pod 4th generation in good condition, but now I know why the guy selling it was selling it. The batter won't hold a charge for very long.

I know there are lots of places I could go to send it in for a new battery, but wanted fellow ddn'ers opinions or personal recommendations and someplace CHEAP would be nice!

Thanks all!!

3 Replies to Ipod battery question

re: Ipod battery question
By forgetxmexnot
On Wed May 11, 2011 07:13 PM
What kind of iPod is it? I know you said it's a 4th generation, but if it's a 4th generation iPod touch, it should still be under warranty in which case you should take it to Apple... if it's a nano or something like that it might be a bit of a different story.
By imadanseurPremium member
On Wed May 11, 2011 07:49 PM
Sorry...nano!
By Chaconnemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed May 11, 2011 09:49 PM
There are quite a number of on-line sites plus Amazon.com that advertise Ipod replacement batteries for various generations at prices rangeing from $10-20. Some come with a tool to get you into the thing and videos with a tutorial.

Google "Ipod battery replacement" for a bunch of these places. Apple wants $50-60 to do it depending upon the model. Here is but one such place:

www.ipodbatterydepot.com . . .

Here is a video on YouTube describing the process. There seem to be videos for every model. This give you some idea of what is involved. To me, this seems like a piece of cake though I do have some experience with electronics. I still think almost anyone can do this. The hardest part is getting the case open, but the vendors seem to provide a tool for doing this. I used the same term to search YouTube.

www.youtube.com . . .

Jon

ReplySendWatch