Forum: General / Computers - General

Managing bookmarks in safari
By lux
On Fri May 20, 2011 09:24 PM
Moved to Computers - General by hummingbird (128773) on 2011-05-20 22:03:17 Moved to a more appropriate forum.

I use Safari as my browser, basically because my antivirus software seems to have blocked everything else. In Firefox, I had my bookmarks organised into folders- school, work, personal etc. Is there any way to do this with Safari? I'm sure this is a really stupid question but I just can't figure out how to put things anywhere but in the "bookmarks menu"- ugh!

4 Replies to Managing bookmarks in safari

re: Managing bookmarks in safari
By Cienmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat May 21, 2011 10:53 AM
If you go to the "Bookmarks" drop-down menu, and then click "Add New Bookmark Folder," it'll open up a blank folder for you under Bookmarks. Then to access that folder, you just click the little book symbol on the far left side of the Bookmarks Bar (right under the Back and Forward arrows). You can also move it wherever you want; to Bookmarks Menu, Bookmarks Bar, to another folder, etc.
By lux
On Tue Jun 07, 2011 07:34 PM
Ok I may be a total idiot, but where is the bookmarks drop down menu? I've always accessed my bookmarks through the little "book" icon you described, and there's no option to add new folders here!
By onegirlbandmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Jun 07, 2011 08:10 PM
While in Safari, the "Bookmarks" menu is along the very top of the screen. It's up with the File, Edit, History, ect.
You can also make a file by clicking on the book icon and then clicking on the + sign in the lower left hand side of the screen.
By lux
On Tue Jun 07, 2011 08:35 PM
Ah, that's my problem! My version of Safari doesn't have File, Edit, Bookmarks etc along the top of the screen. But, the "+" symbol works, so problem solved! Thanks guys :)

ReplySendWatch