Forum: Adults / Dance Therapy

Dance Therapy
Dance + Psychology = ???
By ChezTheDP Comments: 1, member since Mon May 23, 2011
On Mon May 23, 2011 12:35 PM

hey, so i have a bit of an issue and i really need some help & suggestions/advice. so im currently majoring in psychology and i just recently finished my first year of college and i will get an AA next year from my school. but i have been a dancer for as long as i can remember and beginning this past fall i started taking professional classes, auditioning for top-notch dance groups, etc. my passion for dance grew dramatically and due to that i know that i wanna dance FOREVER. so what can i do after i get my AA in psych next year? i was thinking of dance therapy,but im not sure what i have to do to get there, schools that i could go to and how much the pay is for a job like that if i got it

1 Replies to Dance + Psychology = ???

re: Dance + Psychology = ???
By AlwaysOnStagePremium member Comments: 7417, member since Sun Apr 18, 2004
On Mon May 23, 2011 12:38 PM
To be a practicing dance therapist, you need at least your Masters in Dance Therapy.

Check out the website to check out more.

Frankly, there's not much you can do with an AA in psych. Even a BA in psych doesn't do much in itself. If you want to make this your career, you have a lot more school ahead of you.