Forum: Arts / Debates

behavior of audiences
By hummingbird
On Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:53 PM

This is a link to an article about an advert for a movie theater in Texas, you might be quite surprised at the content, however I know I'm glad that a stand is being taken about how people behave at public performances.

In London's West End the lead actor stopped a play because a member of the audience kept answering their mobile phone. In this case it wasn't just the other patrons that were being annoyed it was the actors trying to do their jobs too.

Why do people believe that they can't survive for a matter of a couple of hours without their phones?

Here's the clip.

uk.movies.yahoo.com . . .

3 Replies to behavior of audiences

re: behavior of audiences
By amarathPremium member
On Wed Jun 08, 2011 04:23 AM
Ahhh, Alamo Draft House! Love them! This one time when I went to see Iron Man at the one in Austin, their pre-show PSA featured John Wilkes Booth, getting angrier and angrier at Abe Lincoln's constant running commentary to the show, before running upstairs and hacking him to death with a hatchet. Final line: "Don't make a disturbance in the film, or John Wilkes Booth will come after you with a hatchet."

Re: the debate... Obviously, behave like a normal human being and turn off your phone and don't talk. If you need your phone on (like a doctor), you'd better be in one of the last few rows so that you can run out as quickly as possible.
re: behavior of audiences (karma: 1)
By aerial
On Wed Jun 08, 2011 06:07 AM
What gets me is why you would pay $8 to go sit in a movie and yack on your cell phone when you could do it for free at home.
re: behavior of audiences
By DeStijlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Jun 17, 2011 03:32 AM
I work as a stage/production manager in live theater, and I have asked patrons to leave shows because of this.

They try all sorts of things. Dimming the screens. Putting it on silent. I make a very clear and succinct front of house announcement requesting that all mobile phones be turned off at the start of the show, so as far as I'm concerned, if you can't do that you need to leave.

I just think its rude and disrespectful to my cast and crew. :?

ReplySendWatch